Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Leaving cert blog

Options
  • 19-02-2008 10:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭

Hello folks,

Myself and 2 other friends have setup a blog

http://leaving-cert.net

As quoted from our 'about' page, our goal is:

"We sure do. Our goal is to give everyone an insight into the life of a leaving cert student and how the cope with the tasks and challenges that lay ahead while keeping in mind that it is the final year and so fun is to be had! We hope to offer even those hardcore study people out there a chance to sit back and laugh about the leaving cert for a minute. It can all get a bit much at times, so grab a beer and relax."

Check it out and let me know what you think. Its only been online 2 days and our style of blogging is still not set at the moment, but the latest post is more or less the direction we hope to go in.

Thanks,
    teckoda.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

Nice one, I was thinking of doing something like this myself. Nice choice of Wordpress theme on the site too.
    Not to be a pedant, but I advise you to ensure your posts are all grammatically correct, as the current latest one has some glaring errors, and tbh I think the type of people you'd be targetting with the site would really notice that sort of thing.
    Shoot me a PM about maybe a link exchange with the blog in my sig or perhaps even a guest post now and again. (I'm currently developing a Debs website too, so we could use each other's traffic ;) )
    Sorry to take this a little off topic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭teckoda

Hey, Thanks for replying. Yeah We had been doing a bit of trial and error. Just to see where we were going with the posts. We will be focusing a lot more on the quality of content from now on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Amorphous Head

The Walsho wrote: »
    Nice one, I was thinking of doing something like this myself. Nice choice of Wordpress theme on the site too.
    Not to be a pedant, but I advise you to ensure your posts are all grammatically correct, as the current latest one has some glaring errors, and tbh I think the type of people you'd be targetting with the site would really notice that sort of thing.
    Shoot me a PM about maybe a link exchange with the blog in my sig or perhaps even a guest post now and again. (I'm currently developing a Debs website too, so we could use each other's traffic ;) )
    Sorry to take this a little off topic!

You are SUCH a nerd mark

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

You are SUCH a nerd mark

PERSONAL ABUSE! mods, destroy him

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Yuugib

Fad wrote: »
    PERSONAL ABUSE! mods, destroy him

some people enjoy being nerds :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,530 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Quiet nerds... you'll be in your element in college.

Interesting blog OP. Keep it up; maybe they'll publish it for next year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

You are SUCH a nerd mark

Ah Podge, you're just jealous of my grammatical prowess and numerous groups of wimminz admirers

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭starr0409

wow that blog sounds REALLY FAMILIAR! ........ah no its really ass kicking

Right, all the backed work is done. And the blog is rolling. A more regular basis of posts will be seen from now on.

I hope you all like it, let me know if you have any feedback.

Cheers =]

We've also just added a new forum to the site.

http://leaving-cert.net/forum/index.php

• Advertisement
Advertisement