Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

repossesed cars

Options
  • 19-02-2008 10:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭

where do all the repossed cars,ex eircom,ex esb and all government vehicles be auctioned off i thought merlin car auctions did but i only ever see a small amount of vehicles for sale there as regards ex government

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Oilrig

Most Repo men operate their own usually informal sales operations, the rest I'd imagine get washed out through the auction houses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

There are internal auctions for Civil Servants to buy ex-Civil Service cars. Naturally they are only bidding against themselves and usually cars are snapped up and never make it to a real auction.

An Post vans are driven into the ground. Could be the same with eircom and ESB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭gogs2006

most vehicles are now sold at tender or auction to the motor trade...
    rural post vans are usually well abused:eek:

esb vehicles are generally very good,eircom vehicles can be hit and miss...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭quackquackBOOM

id say the post vans would have good milage
    an ex esb van would be good the never seem in bad condition
    had a look at a few ex guarda vans and they are in sh1te
    what about the repossesed vehichels taken by hire purchase companys a few people i know just gave them back to them because the repayments were too high

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Don't Merlin or Windsor auction alot of this type stuff off regularly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭AdrianC

Merlin are having a "Finance & Fleet Clearance" auction next week:
    http://www.merlincarauctions.ie/contentv3/index.cfm?fuseaction=page&pageID=9145

Advertisement