Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Youth Triathlons

• 19-02-2008 10:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

does anybody no if there is any u'15 r 16 triathlons in Dublin over the summer???

i'm 14 a runner nd i was on the Dublin team for the all-Ireland cross-country champs, i can cycle a far distance but i'm no sprinter nd i can swim fast but no other way!

also how long are the triathlons for younger ages???

tnx in advance;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Euchrid

Hey,

Fingal Tri in May runs a Junior Aquathlon (Run/Swim) on the day. Details are on http://www.fingalsprint.3dtri.com/

Not sure about any other races....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

Did you know that Lance Armstrong started out as a triathlete? IIRC at 15 he was competing against (and winning decent prize money) adults before he got serious about the bike.

I'm not a tri person but I do know that there is an excellent club scene - why not give your local club a shout?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

i-like-pie, there is a real push in triathlon ireland (the official body for triathlon in Ireland) to prepare a youth specific calendar this year. Last information I have is a couple of months old but if you email triathlon ireland
    www.triathlonireland.com
    they should give you the most up to date picture.

Advertisement