Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dictaphone/voice recorder

• 19-02-2008 11:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47

Hi everyone,
    I'm currenting doing a masters so I need a dictaphone to record interviews.
    Can anyone recommend any?
    I know they have sone in argos, does anyone know if they're any good?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

I have an Olympus VN2100 from Argos and find it great. Some lecturers don't like being recorded though, I've seen people ask to put their dictation machines up the front and be refused.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

I have a Sony one and the software's useless, in fact it wouldn't install on my laptop for some reason.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

You might be better off with an MP3 player that can record (and can act as a mass storage device). Your laptop probably also has an internal mic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 622 ✭✭✭H2G2

Red Alert wrote: »
    You might be better off with an MP3 player that can record (and can act as a mass storage device). Your laptop probably also has an internal mic.
    I second that. I use my MP3 player (which also records). Its smaller and therefore (potentially) less intimidating (to your subjects) and also its easier to download and seek forward/backwards thru data. I use audacity to chop into segments, etc.

Advertisement