Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Left 4 Dead

• 19-02-2008 11:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭

With all the negativity following the death of HD-DVD, this might cheer some people up.
    Left 4 Dead (which has a lot of potential) has been confirmed as a console exclusive on the 360.
    In a recent trip to Valve Studios, the fine folks at OXM were informed in no uncertain terms that as far as consoles are concerned, the Xbox 360 will be the only one to get a port. Heading up development for the 360 version of Left 4 Dead is Certain Affinity, a small developer responsible for much of the Halo 2 and 3 DLC. Considering their demonstrably excellent work, I couldn't be more pleased.

http://www.destructoid.com/left-4-dead-confirmed-as-360-console-exclusive-71131.phtml

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Yeah, this looks like it has a lot of potential. Watched some previews a few months ago, and the game looks very very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Yeh looks really good, think the 4player co-op dependency sounds really interesting...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Really looking forward to this, almost as much as Resident Evil 5 & GTA IV!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Chess! I have been waiting for this news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Not sure about this one. It's just a 4 player co-op game and considering the last couple of co-op games have been shìte, I don't hold much hope. The only thing it had going for it was that it had zombies, but the zombies are fast moving and take loads of shots to put down, so they're just like regular baddies in any other game. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭omalleyTown

humanji wrote: »
    Not sure about this one. It's just a 4 player co-op game and considering the last couple of co-op games have been shìte, I don't hold much hope. The only thing it had going for it was that it had zombies, but the zombies are fast moving and take loads of shots to put down, so they're just like regular baddies in any other game. :(

Except this is by Valve. Valve dont release bad games on purpose. They delay them until they work.

You did know that the zombies can be played by real people didn't you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

This game is fùcking awesome!!!!!! I played a demo on the PC when I was at WCG lsat October. It's a really intense game but so much fun, can't wait for this to come out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I saw the vids of it on gamertv, meh!

Looks like I am legend mixed with FPS, zombies move quick in it though....

Doesnt look all that tbh....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

This game is, to me, the complete opposite of meh. I can't wait for it. I'm even going to have a zombie LAN party to go with it, it's going to be kick aaaaaass co-op.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Ya, i'm also really looking forward to it. It looks like great fun. Granted, i'll be getting the pc version, but i'm sure it will be equally (or almost so ;)) good on the 360. Its a Valve game...thats all i need to know.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,790 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Dying for this as well, nothing beats a good co-op game. Just have to decide on whether I'll get it for PC or 360.

Yeah, I'm definitely getting the PC version, but I'd really like to try it out on 360 with people on my friends list too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

I think the OP has the highest gamerscore I've ever seen! Sounds like a real survival game, apparently very few guns and countless other ways to kill zombies using your enviroment.

Kiith - What else has Valve done besides Half Life?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

koneko wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm definitely getting the PC version, but I'd really like to try it out on 360 with people on my friends list too.

Yeah I'll probably get the PC version also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

armour87 wrote: »
    I think the OP has the highest gamerscore I've ever seen! Sounds like a real survival game, apparently very few guns and countless other ways to kill zombies using your enviroment.

Check out this guys profile: StripClubDj
    Over 10 times my score, I'm not even in top 250 for Ireland.

And do they need to have done anything other than HL? But they have Team Fortress, Day of Defeat, Counter Strike, Portal...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Looks good, would love to buy it for PC but I don't have one so I'll make do with the 360 one. Looks fun and it's by Valve, can't really see it being bad.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

armour87 wrote: »
    Do they need anything else? Ok then, Half life series, Counter strike, Day of Defeat, Portal and Steam (yes, i did just say steam...its brilliant...all you naysayers can go to hell :o)

Technically Valve weren't making this, Turtle Rock Studios were, but Valve just bought them. I'm sure they'll add their polish to it, I think they were working closely with those guys before this anyway as they have before.

Except this is by Valve. Valve dont release bad games on purpose. They delay them until they work.

You did know that the zombies can be played by real people didn't you?

Just because Valve are behind it doesn't mean that it can't fail. Daikatana was made by the same developers as Deus Ex. There just seems to be too many generic co-op games coming out at the mo. I'm just not going to get into the hype of this one until I get to play the full thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

koneko wrote: »
    This game is, to me, the complete opposite of meh. I can't wait for it. I'm even going to have a zombie LAN party to go with it, it's going to be kick aaaaaass co-op.

I humbly request an invite to this lan party.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,790 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well I'm siding with PC for this, steam has the nice friends list and it will go down well at lan parties. Hope it's better than the rubbish zombie master.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭omalleyTown

humanji wrote: »
    Just because Valve are behind it doesn't mean that it can't fail. Daikatana was made by the same developers as Deus Ex. There just seems to be too many generic co-op games coming out at the mo. I'm just not going to get into the hype of this one until I get to play the full thing.

Ion Storm put out 3 games in total. 2 of them were bad. Daikatana was the worst of the 3 and one of the worst games of all time. It was also the first game Ion Storm put out. Deus Ex (one of my favourite games of all time) was designed by Warren Spector. The other 2 were not.

Valves first game was Half-Life. The last time Valve was impressed enough to actually buy an independent development studio the world received Portal. The first time was with the Counterstike crowd. Valve know talent. Valve dont buy up entire studios on a whim.

By all means, purchase and play the full thing. But dont bring up Daikatana in relation to Valve unless you have a much stronger case then "well shucks, if it can happen to the gods at Ion Storm it can happen to anyone"

Ooh, someones touchy. The point is, people can make mistakes. Valve have a good track record, but they're not gods.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 ossi

I got it trough steam as it's owned by valve also it crashes to many time again released to early:mad:

Try doing some troubleshooting first, upgrade graphics drivers etc. Also this is the Xbox board. There is a Left 4 Dead thread on the "Games" board.

Advertisement