Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

photos of the old lucan adventure playground?

• 20-02-2008 12:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

does anybody have any photos of the lucan playground in d good ol days when it was all wooden?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,505 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Its not wooden any more?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 STIX001

yeah its full of metal bars and hoops and climbing cages, things like that,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I loved those boats

why did they get rid of them? :mad:

i know its ridiculous, they tarmacadamed it aswell, i suppose the whole thing is safer but it was so much better back in the day with the massive
    tree house and the jolly roger!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭EmoMatt15

Now theres not even that zip-line thingy!
    Theres pipes coming out of the ground that look like things from the teletubbies!
    I miss running across the wooden bridge and the little hidey places on either side...used to hide under the bridge too

• Advertisement

yeah those were the days... trying to run in the pebbles was a laugh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Wait, are we talking about Fort Lucan here or was tehre one in Griffeen Valley Park too? My memory of this is a bit fuzzy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,505 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

the one in griffen valley park, not that I thnk back, the ships and wooden stuff smelt a bit funny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Wow, I remember it now! It was all wooden apart from the chain links on the wobbly bridge :D

Advertisement