Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cookbook

Options
  • 20-02-2008 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,064 ✭✭✭✭

Can someone recommend a good cookbook please? I don't want to pick one at random.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭rockbeer

Anything by Dennis Cotter ftw

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

The Vegetarian Student Cookbook - great book even if your not a student theres a big range of dishes and very clear and easy instructions. Only issue is there are no pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Silent Partner

Didn't Cornucopia in Dublin say they were publishing a cook book? Whatever happened to this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Parnassia

Veganomicon, or Vegan with a Vengeance!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

Parnassia wrote: »
    Veganomicon, or Vegan with a Vengeance!

Wha! Where did you get Veganomicon? I was told it isn't out here until 1st April...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

rockbeer wrote: »
    Anything by Dennis Cotter ftw

seconded.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

The thing about Denis Cotter books is they're pretty complicated recipes. Sometimes 1 recipe has 5 or 6 components - does anyone else find this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Parnassia

taconnol wrote: »
    Wha! Where did you get Veganomicon? I was told it isn't out here until 1st April...

I got it in the states, but I'm sure you can order it from amazon.com

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭BurnsCarpenter

The thing about Denis Cotter books is they're pretty complicated recipes. Sometimes 1 recipe has 5 or 6 components - does anyone else find this?
    Not very practical for throwing something together after work but it's normally fine to focus on the main part of the dish.
    They're also just nice to read/look at pictures/get ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

True, but like all recipes (maybe it's only me) once they're done a few times it's no hassle at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

hey, there's a cookbook i picked up at a vegetarian day fair which was written by these people: www.chrysalis.ie . It's a soft bound book and full of great ideas. Not sure how you'd get hold of it, but their apricot curry recipe is surprisingly delicious.

tbh: websites like vegweb have hundreds of ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭writetojd

I found The Complete Vegetarian Cookbook by Sarah Brown very good. Got in chapters a while back. Its a readers digest publication, directions are good, has pics so you know what it should look like :D and it has the breakdown of the meal like protein etc on it too. The ingredients can be found easily as unlike some american books I have. Hope that helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dereko1969

delia's vegetarian collection, great range of dishes and everyone i've cooked has turned out great (apart from the roasted tomato soup, though that was probably due to the tomatoes rather than the recipe).
    http://www.play.com/Books/Books/4-/1016693/Delia-Vegetarian-Collection/Product.html?cur=258

i love denis cotter's books, but i'd definitely tend to cook more from delia's.

Advertisement