Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats happening to moore street?

Options
  • 20-02-2008 12:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭

i am a moore street officianado (the shops more than the stalls) and i am stumped as tyo whats going on at the moment. half the street is closed downthere was a middle eastern/possibly pakistani shop there called medina where i used to get all my chick peas and corriander etc., anyone know where thats gone???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

As posted on second page of this forum:

A lot of that stuff has been bought up for the new shopping centre that planning permission is being sought for later this month. It'll stretch from Henry Street to Parnell Street and include the old Fingal offices, Royal Dublin Hotel, Carlton Cinema site and most of Moore St.

So from O'connell street to Moore Street to Henry Street to where Conways is on Parnell Square and most of what's in between will be torn down and rebuilt subject to planning

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

portomar wrote: »
    i am a moore street officianado (the shops more than the stalls) and i am stumped as tyo whats going on at the moment. half the street is closed downthere was a middle eastern/possibly pakistani shop there called medina where i used to get all my chick peas and corriander etc., anyone know where thats gone???

They are moving to where Movie Magic was in Parnell Street.
    Their site

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

jdivision wrote: »
    As posted on second page of this forum:

A lot of that stuff has been bought up for the new shopping centre that planning permission is being sought for later this month. It'll stretch from Henry Street to Parnell Street and include the old Fingal offices, Royal Dublin Hotel, Carlton Cinema site and most of Moore St.

So from O'connell street to Moore Street to Henry Street to where Conways is on Parnell Square and most of what's in between will be torn down and rebuilt subject to planning
    Will Moore Lane and Henry Place be swallowed up and disappear under under this development (like many other lanes)? :(

Advertisement