Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

new battery

Options
  • 20-02-2008 2:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭

hi, just wondered how much im likely to pay for a new battery for a 2005 renault megane...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

€50 or €60 ish. Your local motorfactors will probably have a couple to choose from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭horsebokks

Stekelly wrote: »
    €50 or €60 ish. Your local motorfactors will probably have a couple to choose from.
    thanks bud

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Its worth getting a good quality branded one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭3ps

i think you will find that batteries are getting very expensive lately. I used to pay 80ish and that last one in Halfrauds was 145.

Apparantly some places still have them cheap but I suspect they are all going to go up to that level.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭shanel23

Paid €50 for a decent battery in the local motor factors in Tallaght two weeks ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,026 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Hi HorseBokks,

I paid €99 for a battery last week for a 2.0 Litre Toyota petrol.

There are different power outputs from batteries (All 12 volt but different Amps, 450 and 650 are common). Normally a small petrol engine needs the lowest and bigger petrol and Diesel engines need higher outputs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭johncm

was talking to one of the lads in the garage i used to work for and he was saying all the batteries are gone a crazy price because of the increase in the cost of lead. he said a 202 for a punto now retails at roughly 80 plus vat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Oilrig

+1

A mate retails OEM spec German made batteries, says they're being absolutely hammered by the cost increases - to the point that they're looking at giving up batteries altogether as customers are going crazy.

The main lesson here seems to be that the OEM manufacturers pass on the price increases whilst maintaining quality whilst the cheapos cut back on quality even further to keep their price down.

Lesson seems to be that if you want a decent battery you're going to have to take the hit. :mad:

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I wonder has this made a difference to the price of the batteries in the prius.
    According to an email a year ago I was told that they costed €6,210 (plus approx 2 hours labour).

Advertisement