Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

things to do in sydney

• 20-02-2008 2:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

leaving here in a few of weeks so i said i'd make a list of the best things i did while i was here for anyone looking for ideas!

opera house - get a show if you can, matinees can be cheap
    harbour bridge - do the bridge climb if you can, its amazing at night
    luna park
    watsons bay - doyles restaurant if you can afford it, if not then just get the fish and chips at the chipper!
    bondi to coogee walk - best not to do in the middle of the summer sun!
    blue mountains - train up to katoomba and see the 3 sisters
    open air cinema at macquaries point - amazing view of the city while watching a flick!
    taronga zoo - class zoo with amazing views of the city
    sydney tower - dinner in a rotating restaurant overlooking the city, cheap on sunday nights for backpackers
    the rocks - great night out and markets on the weekends
    darling harbour - class pubs and restaurants

places not to visit:
    cock'n'bull
    scruffy murphys

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

I would add to that, a trip down the south coast. Past Wollongong, to Gerringong, Gerroa, Kiama, Jervis Bay, Batemans Bay etc.

Surf on 7 mile beach at Gerroa. It will only have a couple of people in the water (its like the opposite of bondi beach) and theres seven miles of it to find yourself a space.
    Go to the blowhole in Kiama, it's amazing.

Also get to Manly and DeeWhy beaches instead of just Bondi. They are quality, and really nice cafes pubs around the area..

Eat Thai food in Newtown and catch a band in the Enmore Theatre (i went to Snow Patrol there).

Go to the saturday market in Paddington. It's not cheap market rubbish, it generally consists of top notch stuff. (crafts, clothes from up and coming designers etc)

In October / November time do the Bondi Coogee walk when the Sculptures by the sea exhibition is on.

Some just go to the botanic gardens or Hyde park for a picnic. Always something going on..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭vox

Great place. Makes dublin look like a pile of puke!

Advertisement