Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My hair, what will I do???

• 20-02-2008 3:16am

I have recently discussed with my friends and boyfriend that I wanted a change in my hair, what type I don't know exactly, I'm a fickle bitch and I hate change. Thye have both suggested blonde highlights which I am considering
    I have had it in a bob for 3 years then the last two years I have grown it long
    It is in a classic style of which I love, I wear it straight mostly and curly (the odd time)

I have been told so many times my hair colour is unique and I should never change it.
    It has been described as broadly as red/blonde/brown.
    I think it’s a dark red/brown with natural blonde highlights (when it’s sunny) my opinion changes loads tbh ... I took some pics of it in a few different lights :confused:

Do you think I should take the dive? and if so which way should I go for it (post pics please even).

P.s I also kinda said I would seriously consider it as I bet my boyfriend and he says it would look sexy and he is taking upon a request of mine (he is growing a beard kinda, I don't know what the proper name is for it) :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Probably not what you want to hear, but I suggest you shave it all off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Another vote for shave it. I think the shaved head look on girls is pretty good too:

natalie-portman-400-030807.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Nickgrime

Yeah you should shave it all off, the bald look is totally in right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭jezza

I dyed my pink/purple drunk... I though i'd hate it but my god its savage.

jezza wrote: »

Purple is always good. Pics?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Highlights would be fabulous in your hair. Get a couple of shades in, some bright blonde, some darker and more golden.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

jezza wrote: »

I vote purple hair! I looove having purple hair!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Donegal Lass

Highlights would look lovely.. you've got a great base colour... you could get away with blonde highlights and a few copper lowlights!!

or something like this?

ghdhairhead.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭pixietrixie

Go for purple!!! purple rocks!!!

purple is cool, but wont it wash out a really horrible grey/blue colour?

• Advertisement

What are the upkeep on highlights?

not a lot to be honest, the blonde ones usually get brighter if anything, I have blonde highlights at the mo and I just use the dove shampoo and conditioners to keep the blonde moisturised!

The only thing that would stop me going for a mad colour is that you'd have to re-dye them every so oftern to avoid them fading into horrible colours!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 smurphyk

When I used to have hair Id dye it all kind of colours, but I think Highlights would suit you best, or just go purple like everyone keeps saying :)

What are the upkeep on highlights?

Are you definitely not considering the shaved head look?

Sadly I have decided after much deliberation that I will not shave my head for fear of my relationship, self esteem etc etc etc

Sadly I have decided after much deliberation that I will not shave my head for fear of my relationship, self esteem etc etc etc

After shaving your head, your self esteem just get better and if your boyfriend loves you he shouldnt care what you look like!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Turn into an asian person. Being asian is really fashionable these days.

Sangre wrote: »
    Turn into an asian person. Being asian is really fashionable these days.

Do you really think that is helpful or even on topic when I am asking about my hair colour?

I still say shaved, but if you're definitely not going for it, then I suggest the Uma Thurman in Pulp Fiction type do, which is very hot:

18446207.jpg

Not as hot as shaved, but still, pretty damned hot. You must dye it black though, this is non negotiable.

Just looking for an opinion on blonde highlights and how to go about them/whether I should or what variation etc tbh but thanks :)

• Advertisement

Well, to be entirely fair, the thread title is "My hair, what will I do???" so it does suggest you're open to suggestions.

True but somehow honey, baldness or black would be an extreme change :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭pheby

I have recently discussed with my friends and boyfriend that I wanted a change in my hair, what type I don't know exactly, I'm a fickle bitch and I hate change. Thye have both suggested blonde highlights which I am considering
    I have had it in a bob for 3 years then the last two years I have grown it long
    It is in a classic style of which I love, I wear it straight mostly and curly (the odd time)

I have been told so many times my hair colour is unique and I should never change it.
    It has been described as broadly as red/blonde/brown.
    I think it’s a dark red/brown with natural blonde highlights (when it’s sunny) my opinion changes loads tbh ... I took some pics of it in a few different lights :confused:

Do you think I should take the dive? and if so which way should I go for it (post pics please even).

P.s I also kinda said I would seriously consider it as I bet my boyfriend and he says it would look sexy and he is taking upon a request of mine (he is growing a beard kinda, I don't know what the proper name is for it) :D

Hey, looking at your hair colour, Blonde highlights would defo be the thing for you. Or just go into a salon and ask for the girls opinion on what would suit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I have similar colour hair.
    I'd leave it alone. Red roots always look awful.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i'd shave it.

i shaved mine, and i never looked back!

i'd shave it.

i shaved mine, and i never looked back!
    It would be suicidal for my sex life :D

Pythia wrote: »
    I have similar colour hair.
    I'd leave it alone. Red roots always look awful.

Yeah I've noticed that before
    have you ever done anything with it?

Hehe my boyfriend is in the background shouting don't listen to her NOOOOO
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Yeah I've noticed that before
    have you ever done anything with it?

Not since I was about 13. I considered blonde highlights but I just think I'd end up looking less unique.
    Buy some new make up or new clothes instead.

Well CSG... did you do anything with your hair???

Yes , I did ...Only last night in fact
    I was getting it done in my friends salon but couldn't arrange time off work but I was getting anxious about even thinking about doing it I just said **** it

I went into boots yesterday at lunchtime and I got a kit, I think it was called blonde perfect kit from loreal
    I got a mate to help me and I did it using the cap and brush thing

I wanted a subtle effect and not a stripey harsh effect and I'm thrilled with it Its exactly the change I wanted and I'll keep it up for a while

I've gotten so many compliments about it already and the boyfriend was more than delighted when I went over last night to show him:D:D:D

So what do you think everyone
    Many thanks for the feedback and advice

• Advertisement

It turned out really well.

yea turned out lovely! nice shade for your hair and not too in your face!

Advertisement