Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you blow your money on?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

watna wrote: »
    I know. Then I bought a new laptop and put a huge dent in my savings! Going home to live with the mammy and daddy soon. That'll save me a bit. My dad tried to get me to pay rent for the 6 weeks I'm at home, I laughed!

Crumble Froo, please tell me NZ is cheap!

it's cheap going by the exchange rate. from that, everything is halfprice... if you shop in pak'n'save and get yourself a (free) metrocard, your basic food and transport will be pretty cheap. :cool:

Jules wrote: »
    Just changed the poll a bit to added a few more options, hope thats ok DL.

I spend my money on a mix of things, dvd, computer things, from time to time makeup and underwears, im thinking about getting another tattoo too!

pics please? :)

Sexy Underwear
    i dont "blow" it on anything, i spend very little

most of it goes to the family, bills etc so im usually broke

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

Add me to team "eating out", it would be my main extravagance as i know i could buy the ingredients and cook at home, but when i'm tired and hungry i just couldn't be bothered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

cds, and my loan takes most of it :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Music/Movies
    Ah, why can I only choose one option on the poll?!

Makeup is the big one for me, although shoes come in a close second...who needs food?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

only 16 and not working so have a very very very limited income but it would mainly get spent on drink and food

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Bluesparkler

"The Family"
    I go on shopping binges my new thing is underwear...before that was shoes...and then was hoodies, so most of my money goes clothes! The rest is on living it up aka booze , gigs, make-up and holidays! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Other - ie tats/drinks/piercings
    I spend most of my money on cd's and gigs. Most gigs I go to are overseas so there's quite a bit of expense involved - flights, hotels etc but all of them are worth every cent. Last September I spent €1000 for 33 hours in Helsinki but it was the best 33 hours of my life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Donegal Lass

Clothes
    Nightwish wrote: »
    Last September I spent €1000 for 33 hours in Helsinki but it was the best 33 hours of my life.

Please tell me how you managed to do that!?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I love spending money on plugs/body jewellery, and any quirky jewellery I can find on sites like etsy.com. (I think I'm just addicted to getting stuff in the post) I also love buying gadgets and their accessories, like cameras, mp3 players, stuff for my laptop and whatnot.

ha, reminds me of last summer, instead of going to a ****ty 2 day festival in kildare/******, i spent the same amount of money for a three day festival with return flights in nurburgring to germany.

best four and half days of my life. im still wearing the wristband.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Cute_Button

Blow most of my money on tech gear- just bought an Asus eeePC, got an N70 at Christmas- and currently have my eye on a gorgeous looking Mac Airbook, it'll be a while though...... Ample holidays and eating out, take up most of the rest of my money (after bills and all the usual stuff that is).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

ha, reminds me of last summer, instead of going to a ****ty 2 day festival in kildare/******, i spent the same amount of money for a three day festival with return flights in nurburgring to germany.

best four and half days of my life. im still wearing the wristband.

My bf went to a four day festival in Serbia last year (Exit). His ticket cost him €75 for four days! So Crumble Froo is right, it's much cheaper to fly and go to European festivals then go to any Irish based ones.

not to mention the bands were infinitely better, the atmosphere was electric (some of the guys i went to germany with went to ****** aswell, they said it was dead in comparison), and then there's the whole overseas experience, absolutely amazing weekend, one i sstill look back to now, just think of the good old days, just simple with good mates and music.

pure perfection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Other - ie tats/drinks/piercings

Flight to London €30
    Flight from London to Helsinki €250
    2 nights in hotel €250
    Concert ticket €20
    Food & alcohol etc €120
    Flight Helsinki to Dublin €300

watna wrote: »
    My bf went to a four day festival in Serbia last year (Exit). His ticket cost him €75 for four days! So Crumble Froo is right, it's much cheaper to fly and go to European festivals then go to any Irish based ones.

I'd love to go to that! Where did your b/f fly to?

75 euro sounds great to us but its probably more than a month rent in Novi Sad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

All my cash goes on making living day-to-day a little more pleasurable and enjoyable aka magazines, takeaways, a nice bottle of wine, a meal out with my boyfriend, a trip to the cinema, a new book. Yeah I blow on bigger things too; expensive face creams, designer clothes, the odd holiday. But apparently its the little day-to-day indulgences that keep us happier in the long term so it's justified :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Music/Movies
    Clothes, make up and holidays.

I blow my money on holidays, go on one long-haul and at least two shorter breaks every year.

No interest whatsoever in designer handbags, I think they're a total rip-off!

I suppose as I've got older I realise that more expensive doesn't necessarily mean better when it comes to cosmetics and shoes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭seaner

i'm a sucker for...
    creme de la mer. its a lot of money. and i generally only splash out when i'm going on holiers so that i can buy it in the airport. BUt its so nice. its the one luxury that i have to say i can't live without.
    my skin is always radiant when i'm using it. But i only notice it when its finished and i start using something crapper like clinique and then i get breakouts on my chin.
    Anyway i'm in the middle of saving up a bit a the mo for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Moonbaby wrote: »
    I'd love to go to that! Where did your b/f fly to?

75 euro sounds great to us but its probably more than a month rent in Novi Sad.

He flew to Budapest and got the train down. He said Serbia was super cheap. They rented an apartment off someone's house and it was very reasonable. I think the whole town rent out rooms/apartments to make some money.

He had a great time. it was a boys weekend so I just got to hear the stories when he got back! After that, he said he wouldn't spend the money on an Irish festival again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭thedizzler

Ah jaysus, this is gonna make me sound like a fat kid, but...FOOD!!! whether it's the lunch (goat's cheese tartlets in the Mint Bar, mmm....) or the couple tubs of Ben&Jerry's I pick up on the way home(hideously expensive for what they are, and half of them ends up rotting in the freezer forever), a takeaway or a meal out with friends/boyfriend, food eats up a scary amount of the salary! Where's the embarrassed smiley?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Gonna be my house from now on...:(
    Bread and water for moi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭thedizzler

bread you say? what kind of bread? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭ashisback

"The Family"
    on me my kid and the house maybe on himself when he needs clothes or shoes

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

thedizzler wrote: »
    bread you say? what kind of bread? :P
    The cheap kind..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭LilyM1980

I honestly don't know, it enters my bank account on Friday and by the following Friday it's all gone and I'm still broke :)

Advertisement