Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

400bhp Flat 10, €20k

Options
  • 20-02-2008 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭

I think I may have finally squared the circles of comfort versus handling, passion versus practicality, and style versus utility. What's more, i've done it for less than the price of a new Golf. Think about this, my 20 grand got me a 1986 Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera Cabriolet and a 2001 Subaru Forester S turbo automatic. Between the two of them, they do pretty much anything I want a car to do, anywhere from the M11 to a muddy field outside of Galway. Ok so it costs €2,000 to tax the two of them for the year, but insurance isn't too bad (the Porsche is a classic). In any case, I reckon both tax and service costs are offset by the lack of depreciation. I think I may be on to something here. Rather than buying one expensive car, mightn't two cheaper but more focussed ones be better?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭IrishRover

Of course. Different tool for a different job and all that. :)
    Anan1 wrote: »
    I think I may have finally squared the circle
    Like the management-spk by the way. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

IrishRover wrote: »
    Like the management-spk by the way. ;)
    Tell me a cooler way to say it and i'll edit my post.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭IrishRover

No, I thought you were value-adding the statement by utilising the intrinsic humourous aspect to the verbiage you employed in your missive, and I was appreciative of that when engaged in eyeballing same (symbiotically, whilst leveraging our synergies of course). :D

Anyway... anyone else want a go? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

very pro-active.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

ordinarily, I'm not onside with that kind of thing, but in this case, and in this asset class, I can see the intrinsic value of your monetary strategy.

There is another phrase that covers this position: "I'm a both/and, not an either/or kinda guy...."

+1 on 2 for 1 idea. Which is why sell my 968 or no, I'm adding to the stable forthwith.

We'll have to have a little P get together down this side, it's getting kinda crowded :D:D

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Churchy

You seen a problem and thought outside the box to solve it.

Moving forward I hope more people can see the solution to this frequent problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Take the p1ss out of me Wednesday, is it?:D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Nice fleet Anan1.

Advertisement