Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cork skatepark

Options
  • 20-02-2008 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭

The tender has gone out for a Concrete park in Cork. Is the cork skate club still going .It'd be a good idea to forward the tender on to the reputable skatepark companies out there.I'll send it on to any companies I reckon are good, airspeed,freestyle,PTR.

: COMHAIRLE CATHRACH CHORCAÍ
    CORK CITY COUNCIL

Design and construction of an in-situ concrete Skate Park

Cork City Council invites tenders from competent contractors for the design, supply and construction of an in-situ concrete Skate Park at :

The Mardyke Walk, The Mardyke, Cork

http://www.e-tenders.gov.ie/search/show/search_view.aspx?ID=JAN095701

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

Hi Shaggy,
    The closing date was 1st of Febuary.I emailed airspeed weeks ago about it but they were not contacted by the City Council so they would not draw up a tender and submit it.Freestyle are in line for it,but not sure if they are still going to do it as they are still working on the Athlone skatepark.

Yes the skatepark group is still going strong,there is a meeting on Friday night,may get more news about the park then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭shagman

The tender was posted on the 7th of jan with a closing date of feb 1st , seems a very short period for companies to get their tenders in! Good job on getting in contact with some decent companies, freestyle did good work on waterford gorey and lucan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭JahEerie

Not trying to be pessimistic but when RFT (Request For Tender) periods are that short they tend to be in da bag already....:o

It'll be very interestin to see who gets it

JohnBoy

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

Thats what airspeed said regarding the tender.More than likely Freestyle so,not sure if they finished the Athlone park yet and there is talks of an extention for Gorey hopefully Cork will get done inbetween them.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RocketFalls

Sorry to necro the thread, but where exactly is this park in relation to Bishopstown?
    I have a vague idea of where Mardyke walk is, but Google Maps yielded no concrete [haha] results.
    I just moved down for college, and some form of extracurricular sporting activity would be welcome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

well if you know where Mardyke walk is then you're sorted. it's literally right across the road from the gates of UCC

Advertisement