Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FE 1 Applications

• 20-02-2008 11:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭

Hi Everyone,

I've got a little dilemma. I think I was late sending in my application to sit my final two FE exams.Awhhhh .... Is the Law Society strict on the closing date? Is there any hope of me being able to sit them this time round?!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭tombren

Shinners23 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

I've got a little dilemma. I think I was late sending in my application to sit my final two FE exams.Awhhhh .... Is the Law Society strict on the closing date? Is there any hope of me being able to sit them this time round?!!!!

they're actually very strict, i and a few friends missed the closing date for the last set (i only had one left).
    did u actually send the application in? i didnt send mine but rang them when
    i realised what i'd done. they said there was no way i could sit them and they
    dont accept late submissions under any circumstances.....so i just left it but one of my friends decided to fight it and put abit of yarn together that was mainly true,
    she wrote a letter telling how she's been working in africa for charity (which she had) and missed the date, then got a letter from the charity outlining the good work she'd been doing etc, and next thing u know they let her sit them,
    i also know another girl who took her parents with her to the lawsociety and basically cried until they agreed to let her sit them. so if they tell u they never accept late submssions, it's nonesense, coz they do, u just need a good back story or be able to cry on cue,
    if however you've already sent it in (a day or 2 late) u mightnt b able to get away with the above

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭mountainyman

Very very strict. I was permitted to apply late by sending in my grandmother's death notice and proof that she was my grandmother.

MM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Johnny Utah

tombren wrote: »
    they're actually very strict, i and a few friends missed the closing date for the last set (i only had one left).
    did u actually send the application in? i didnt send mine but rang them when
    i realised what i'd done. they said there was no way i could sit them and they
    dont accept late submissions under any circumstances.....so i just left it but one of my friends decided to fight it and put abit of yarn together that was mainly true,
    she wrote a letter telling how she's been working in africa for charity (which she had) and missed the date, then got a letter from the charity outlining the good work she'd been doing etc, and next thing u know they let her sit them,
    i also know another girl who took her parents with her to the lawsociety and basically cried until they agreed to let her sit them. so if they tell u they never accept late submssions, it's nonesense, coz they do, u just need a good back story or be able to cry on cue,
    if however you've already sent it in (a day or 2 late) u mightnt b able to get away with the above

And did they pass? It'd be funny if they failed after going to all that trouble:D

I can understand a late application if your friend was doing charity work in Africa or if someone had a death in the family, but the girl that went in with her parents and cried was just pathetic really. They shouldn't have accepted her application

And did they pass? It'd be funny if they failed after going to all that trouble:D

I can understand a late application if your friend was doing charity work in Africa or if someone had a death in the family, but the girl that went in with her parents and cried was just pathetic really. They shouldn't have accepted her application

she sat her final 2, passed one, didnt get the other, she was doing the charity work but was back in time to get her application in, just forgot bout applying then used the charity thing as an excuse the clever minx!
    i believed them when they told me they never ever accept late applications no matter what! imagine my surprise when i found out that someone in the
    legal profession lied!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Anyone got anything back by way of acknowledgement yet? Getting a bit worried as they don't appear to have lodged my cheque yet...

• Advertisement

Robbo wrote: »
    Anyone got anything back by way of acknowledgement yet? Getting a bit worried as they don't appear to have lodged my cheque yet...

yep, got an acknowledgement on the 30th jan, i woulda applied mid jan tho before most people. im sure they had a swarm of them before the 8th so probably working thru them now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Robbo wrote: »
    Mine arrived this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

Irish exam results are out too!

Advertisement