Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

gta special ed -where to get it??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I wana order it myself, want the special edition aswell, im gona try xtra in artane for pre-order, not buying it off them gamestop robbing shower of bastids!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

if u order gta 4 off a website it will take about a month to get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

No it won't, not from play.com anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

if u order gta 4 off a website it will take about a month to get it.

They always ship before the release date, i usually get games the day they are released from there...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

If any shops break the release date we could just go buy it there though!

Was it broken for SA?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Fieldog wrote: »
    If any shops break the release date we could just go buy it there though!

Unlikely..... I always ask in Gamestop and they always say they'd get fired if they broke a release date (no doubt they take them home themselves early though the shnits!)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Unlikely..... I always ask in Gamestop and they always say they'd get fired if they broke a release date (no doubt they take them home themselves early though the shnits!)

They wouldnt get fired but would get in serious serious trouble. If GameStop(for example) broke the date and it got back to Rockstar they would make sure that GameStop paid for it by making sure they didnt have their next title in time for the release date.

And they do bring them home. I remember having PES 3 and 4 at home on the Monday before they were released. I used to love working there for things like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,062 ✭✭✭✭event

Melion wrote: »
    They wouldnt get fired but would get in serious serious trouble. If GameStop(for example) broke the date and it got back to Rockstar they would make sure that GameStop paid for it by making sure they didnt have their next title in time for the release date.

do they not just fine them?

cos if they dont allow them to have it for release date, surely thats just harming themselves?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

event wrote: »
    do they not just fine them?

cos if they dont allow them to have it for release date, surely thats just harming themselves?

Not sure, thats just what we were told when i worked there.
    But if GameStop were due to receive 100 copies of a game, they could just spread them out between Game, Xtra Vision, Smyths, Virgin, Argos and they'd get sold anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

I know that in GAME the special ed is only available through the online store and I wouldnt be suprised if this is actually quite limited unlike the halo legendary which can stil be gotten in places.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

amazon has the special ed with a bonus liberty city licence plate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Woah some people would buy anything. Over 40 euro more for all that?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Who could be bothered?

Or will it all sit nest to your Bioshock BigDaddy and the master chiefs big green helmet (you can get an ointment for that you know!).

I'd rather get the poverty edition, and get stuck into the game myself.

Advertisement