Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rude Awakenings

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

My missus - not long before we got together - woke suddenly in the middle of the night to hear somebody moving about in the bathroom of her ground floor bedsit. She leapt out of bed, grabbed a carving knife from the kitchenette and as the person emerged from the bathroom she ran at them screaming.

The 'burgler' was actually her flatmate! The missus gave her such a fright.

She was unable to explain why she thought a burgler might flush the toilet before leaving the bathroom :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I went to a party one night, had quite a few drinks then got a taxi home. The next morning I woke up to see a naked man lying in bed beside me. I could only see his back so had no idea who it was as I was certain I got a taxi home alone but here was a naked man. For a few seconds I panicked and though f*ck, did I do the dirt on my bf last night? I really though I'd f*cked up for about 10 seconds and then realised it was the bf.

En route home the bf had text me to tell me he was really drunk and couldn't get a taxi. We weren't living together at the time so I'd told him to get a taxi back to my place and phone when he was outside. I kept the phone beside my bed and fell asleep. He'd come back to my house and woken up one of my flatmates by ringing the door bell.

That was the scariest 10 seconds I can remember in a long time and I was so delighted to see it was the bf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Midna

i sometimes get night terrors, i wake up in the night paralyzed and a sensation that there is someone else in the room, or one one occasion, pinning me down and it makes my perception to time and lights and noise all screwy when I get it.

anyways, the first time I got it, I was sharing a house with 2 guys and a girl in college and I didn't know what was happening. I felt like someone was holding me down in bed and i shouted, but it didnt sound like noise came out. so when it passed I heard noise out side so I thought whoever attacked me was still in the house, I lept out of bed, grabbed a sword, ya know the japanese decorative ones and ran out of the room, wearing nothing but a very sheer ad very short tee.

turns out Id woken the housemates with my shout and the lads were downstairs checking that it wasnt one of us girls being attacked. they were a little surprised when i burst out of my room like a madwoman waving a sword and giving them an eyefull.

being the great friends that they were, they did tell everyone the next day too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

I find it so creepy when the kids come into you but they're still asleep. You open your eyes and find a body standing next to you. It takes a couple of seconds to realise whats going on. Its like this movie I saw, i think it had reobret de niro in it as a mad scientist who put his dead sons genes into a couples IVF child. If you'e seen it youll know what im talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Susannahmia

Midna wrote: »
    i sometimes get night terrors, i wake up in the night paralyzed and a sensation that there is someone else in the room, or one one occasion, pinning me down and it makes my perception to time and lights and noise all screwy when I get it.

anyways, the first time I got it, I was sharing a house with 2 guys and a girl in college and I didn't know what was happening. I felt like someone was holding me down in bed and i shouted, but it didnt sound like noise came out. so when it passed I heard noise out side so I thought whoever attacked me was still in the house, I lept out of bed, grabbed a sword, ya know the japanese decorative ones and ran out of the room, wearing nothing but a very sheer ad very short tee.

turns out Id woken the housemates with my shout and the lads were downstairs checking that it wasnt one of us girls being attacked. they were a little surprised when i burst out of my room like a madwoman waving a sword and giving them an eyefull.

being the great friends that they were, they did tell everyone the next day too :(

I get them too. It feels like I'm pinned down for hours on the bed with my eyes glued shut and there are loads of people in the room whispering. Very scary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

Woke up in the middle of the night when I was still living at home, and reached up to turn on the light that was on the wall over my bed , to check the clock to see what time it was.

Out of the total darkness, omeone hit me a right flake over the face, so naturally enough I lost my life and tried to jump out of the bed, yelling and ranting, and got tangled in the sheets and crashed facefirst into the floor, still in the pitch black. eventually managed to crawl over to the main light switch and turn it on, looking for the intruder, and discovered there was none, my arm had gone dead in my sleep and I'd hit myself in the face with said deadarm when trying to turn on the overhead light. :mad: Bloody nose and black eye to explain to shocked parents the next morning.

My DH is a very active "dreamer" and I've often gotten kicked out of the bed, or thumped in the back while asleep, as he thrashes about a lot. He's also woken me up giggling hysterically in his sleep, at this stage I don't even notice it anymore. He's the type if he hears a noise in his sleep, he's out of bed and across the room with an ornamental sword in his hand, ready to injure burglars, before he actually wakes up and wonders what in hell he's doing starkers on the stairs holding a sword (fnar).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

i was on strong medications once for blood poisoning in b=my leg had taken one or two glasses of wine before i went to bed had a very real dream that my OH was indeed a chinese man was totally convinced. when i woke up and saw my actual OH in bed beside me i freaked out wondering who the hell was this guy next to me. those ten seconds were in fact the scariest ten seconds of my life.

i always seem to fall asleep on my hand too and i hit myself in the face when i wake up from the sensation that has caused me a few heart attacks in the past.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Firesuite

echosound wrote: »
    Woke up in the middle of the night when I was still living at home, and reached up to turn on the light that was on the wall over my bed , to check the clock to see what time it was.

Out of the total darkness, omeone hit me a right flake over the face, so naturally enough I lost my life and tried to jump out of the bed, yelling and ranting, and got tangled in the sheets and crashed facefirst into the floor, still in the pitch black. eventually managed to crawl over to the main light switch and turn it on, looking for the intruder, and discovered there was none, my arm had gone dead in my sleep and I'd hit myself in the face with said deadarm when trying to turn on the overhead light. :mad: Bloody nose and black eye to explain to shocked parents the next morning.

I'm sorry, but that's absolutely hilarious! Sorry to laugh at your pain, but that could be right out of a comedy sketch..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Hellm0

1. I was once awoken by a very loud and distraught pigeon which had found its way inside my bedroom window. After letting out a blood curdling roar the pigeon promptly flew away.
    2. Same situation as above except was a very calm crow(might have been a magpie) staring at me. Cue me freaking out, shouting and the bird vacates my window sill.
    3. Woke up once on an air matress in Munich with my friends pouring chocolate syrup on me and leaving condoms beside me in an effort to make me believe I had been raped.
    4. Woken up by paramedics on a bin outside a nightclub in Munich.
    5. Woken up by some strange elderly man and his poodle on a train at 8am.
    6. Many times woken by bus drivers at the ongar bus station.
    7. Woken by bums throwing glass bottles at train tracks(they did this every five minutes followed by alot of shouting).
    8. Woke up on the couch of my apartment in Chicago at 4am wondering where the hell I was. Took me a good 5 min to realize "wait this is my place".

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Carol_1985

When we were younger, if anyone ever came to stay, myself and my sister used to have to share a bed. I've had her wet the bed while i was in it and also throw up on me!! the same sister also sleeps with her eyes half open and used to sleepwalk. Another time i woke up and she was standing over my bed staring at me! She was such a strange child!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

I was on a cruise ship a few years back and after sipping a whole load of cocktails one afternoon, I went for a nap, anyway, I woke up dying for a wee and went in the little loo in my room.

Instead of heading back into the bedroom I went out the other door which left me outside my room in the main corridoor with only a teenchy g-sting on..

I will never ever forget the embarrasment of it. Everyone dressed up to the nines heading out to dinner and me standing there. Im going red now thinking about it:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

I went to Prague in 1990. Slept in the train station, and was woken up at about 3am to see a guy crouched at my feet, holding a big knife, crying his eyes out. What do you do like? I just froze, and someone said something to him. he walked off, looking at me the whole time, crying. Still no clue what that was about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭sunnyjim

One time in Rome, I woke up in the middle of Via... Gioro? Somewhere busy. I had been on the Spanish Steps pub crawl the night before. HAd to get a taxi to a metro station, and work my way back from there :o

Worst part - the night before I had woken up in an apartment block. I was 6 stories up, topless, sleeping on a doormat!! What the ****! I didn't even pull :(

Advertisement