Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin graded meets

• 20-02-2008 11:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭

Anybody know the dates for this years graded track meets ?

I've checked the dublin athletics board website and can't find anything.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭thirtyfoot

Anybody know the dates for this years graded track meets ?

I've checked the dublin athletics board website and can't find anything.

Thanks

16/4 IT
    30/4 S
    14/5 IT
    28/5 S
    11/6 IT
    9/7 S
    23/7 IT
    30/7 S

25/6 Dublin Champs

Think these are the dates and venues, not 100% certain though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

cool thanks.

Probably stretching my luck but I don't suppose you have a rough idea of what events will be run on what nights. I'm interested in 800 upwards.

thanks again

Dunno on what events etc. It alternates between nights so there will be an 8 in either IT or Santry and a 15 in the other, if you know what I mean. Leevale Sports is on the 20th of April also.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭rdunne

i would love to try a bit of track. Im not very good. I would not want to come last!, how do they grade you. any one know what would be a good time for 800m

Rich

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

you enter yourself in whatever grade you want (within reason).

You could start off in grade D and if your times improve you could progress to higher grades. The great thing about grade D is there are all types of standards, some people giving the track a bash for the first time, others making comebacks etc so I wouldn't worry about where you finish in the field.

• Advertisement

rdunne wrote: »
    i would love to try a bit of track. Im not very good. I would not want to come last!, how do they grade you. any one know what would be a good time for 800m

Rich

The times in the 800 vary from 1:50 (for the best of the 'A' guys) to 2:50 or slower I reckon, all grades catered for. Great place to dip your toe into track.

Some results from previous years

http://dublinathletics.com/resFix/results.asp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Racing Flat

rdunne wrote: »

Rich

On average..
    e.g. the mile D won in 5.00 or so, 5 or 6 around 5.20, then a few at 5.40, 5.50 maybe 1-2 between 6 and 6.30. C
    C won in 4.40, last 5.10-20
    B won in 4.30 or so, last 4.45-50
    A won in 4.10-20, last 4.30

D 2.15-3.00
    C 2.08-2.20
    B 2.02-2.08
    A 1.52-2.02

When you go to register they have a guide of the times, but there's something for everyone - a lot of people worry that these will be too elite, but it's very inclusive.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭rdunne

thanks all, im sure i can get under 3 mins for 800. Irishtown is good for me to get there. I will give it a go.

Advertisement