Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Polysterene Ceilings.

Options
  • 20-02-2008 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,
    In the process of buying a house. The surveryuor has advised that the polysterene ceiling panals are against building regs and must be removed. Any know how anything about this, How much it would cost etc...? The area covered would be pretty small about 500 Sq Ft.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Reyman

I presume they're polystyrene tiles. If there's a fire they can be lethal - you get an effect similar to napalm i.e. dripping molten fire.

I wouldn't think there's any great problem taking them off though the ceiling may be damaged in the process. It's not a big job to rectify though and I wouldn't think an issue at all in buying a house

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Magicmatilda

Thanks for that, turns out there is loads of other stuff wrong so won't be going ahead.

Advertisement