Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Clifford Alarms

Options
  • 20-02-2008 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Can anyone give me a list of the places that do Clifford Alarms?

I have been trying to arrange a day for installation with Motovation.ie for the past 5 days and they dont seem to be too pushed on doing the work.

No phone calls back after leaving messages etc. Kinda unprofessional if you ask me but anyway. Where else does them, and would you recommend their work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

What model are you looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

eireal wrote: »
    What model are you looking for?

I am looking for the Arrow 5.1 Clifford Alarm.

OR

Concept 470 (Depending on Price)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

For a DC5 i reckon your better off with a 470,twin immobilisation as opposed to single point on the A5 and auto immobilization (After 30 seconds if the car isnt alarmed both immobilisor cuts activate),Glass break sensor,An extra aux output,programable siren would be the other main differences

eireal wrote: »
    For a DC5 i reckon your better off with a 470,twin immobilisation as opposed to single point on the A5 and auto immobilization (After 30 seconds if the car isnt alarmed both immobilisor cuts activate),Glass break sensor,An extra aux output,programable siren would be the other main differences

Yeah was thinking that myself mate. Do you do them yourself? Or you know someone that does them?

I only have the car a week and i dont want a bad job done like my Type R Civic, place in Dublin broke the clips on the steering case and it never fit properly after that.

What does fitting the 470 consist of then?

Thanks for your help so far.

Anyone know of any other companies in the northern part of the country. Meath/Cavan/North Dublin, Newry that do call outs?

My work is so unreal busy that i kinda need someone to come to me to install if at all possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,794 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Would you consider another make? I got a Medi alarm with immobiliser, back up alarm siren.. fitted for 250.. Cartronics will come around to you and fit it... Cos at the mo any car theft would be away with it in 10seconds!

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭briantwin

Call a guy called Fergal from Motovation.ie

He's a certified fitter. I've always gotten work done by him. Good prices and very tidy job.

PM for his mobile number

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭briantwin

Oops i only read your first post there. He's usually pretty good at gettin back to people. might be on holiday.

Bump

Just had Mark from Motovation out with me.

Fergal had badly hurt himself which is the reason he was finding it hard to schedule me in for an install.

Mark called to me at 11am this morning and only left at 5:30pm. An amazing job has been done. So unbelievably clean and tidy. Spending 6 and a half hours on my car i can clearly see these guys love what they do and they do an amazing job.

For anyone who is looking for a clifford alarm, i would 100% recommend these guys.

One of the only companies that do call outs.

I have direct contact details and numbers for them so just drop me a PM and i will pass them on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

logik wrote: »
    Just had Mark from Motovation out with me.

Fergal had badly hurt himself which is the reason he was finding it hard to schedule me in for an install.

Mark called to me at 11am this morning and only left at 5:30pm. An amazing job has been done. So unbelievably clean and tidy. Spending 6 and a half hours on my car i can clearly see these guys love what they do and they do an amazing job.

For anyone who is looking for a clifford alarm, i would 100% recommend these guys.

One of the only companies that do call outs.

I have direct contact details and numbers for them so just drop me a PM and i will pass them on.

How much did that cost ya, if you don't mind me asking?

Well i got everything that Clifford have to offer except the BlackJax Pin Box.

So for the 6.5 hours work and the entire alarm system it was €510.

It was €100 to come to me, but i was miles and mile away from them and way outside Dublin.

They have a standard call out charge of €25 for anyone inside Dublin.

Some might say thats alot for an alarm BUT after seeing the alarm going in and the job they do, its well worth every penny.

Door sensors, window sensors, boot sensor, bonnet sensor and 2x Immobilizer, door lock on engine start and door open on engine off sensors and also pressure sensors.

Advertisement