Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cinema in Balbriggan

Options
  • 20-02-2008 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,857 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Has anyone been to this cinema yet and if so whats it like i.e is the screen large and are the seats compfy (much legroom) etc. Also how would it compare to UCI or the Santry Omniplex etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭aniascor

Been there a few times now. Have always found it comfortable -the seats are nice, and the screen is reasonably large (obviously not as big as the largest screens you would find in city centre cinema complexes, but big enough!)

Best thing about it is that there are only a couple of ads before the movie starts. I'd recommend it if you are living in Balbriggan.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

In the beginning it was a bit of a nightmare,there were a lot of disruptive "kids" ruining the films for everyone else.

The staff are friendly,the cinema is cosy the food is overpriced;)

Personally I like it.

Though I don't know why the metro doesn't list the showing for Balbriggan but does for everywhere else?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

I went once, a week after it opened. 17 year olds (drunk ones) were jumping over the seats constantly and went out for chips and came back in laughing and stinking the placeout. I wrote a letter to the manager the next day to enquire if they would have someone watch the auditorium in future for this carry on. no reply. I thought "how very unprofessional" and never went back. lol
    I hear its great now. :rolleyes: I still drive to pavillions though which is AWESOME place.

sarcasm aside though. I;'d say it is better now and it was probably teething problems, but it put me off it. the no reply to my letter ensure I would never go back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

I've been a good few times now - one time there were kids running around the place. On our way out after the film, the manager came over to us and apolgised for the disruption (even before we went to complain), I thought that was a nice touch.

I was worried before going the first time that the screens would be small, and it would be like watching the film on a big screen TV. I was wrong - the cinemas are a decent size, the sound is great and the seats are quite comfy.

Don't get me wrong - the Pavillions is bigger in most regards, and the Omniplex in Santry is good, too - both are well worth a look and might have a larger selection of films (just because they have more screens they can have more choce). If there's a film I want to see and it's showing in Balbriggan as well as one of the others, I usually choose to go see it in Balbriggan. It's handy that it's so local, and the prices compare favourably with the others.

Advertisement