Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how'd u think crysis would cope with this ?

Options
  • 20-02-2008 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭

just wondering if its worth my while getting this game (or any other current high spec game for that matter) for a laptop i just bought. Show us your comments on this spec.

InspironTM XPS M1530
    Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor T7250 (2.00 GHz, 800 MHz FSB, 2 MB L2-cache), Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium - English

Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor T7250 (2.00 GHz, 800 MHz FSB, 2 MB L2-cache)

Memory
    3072MB 667MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM [1x2048+1x1024]

Video Card
    NVIDIA® GeForce™ Go 8600M GT with 256MB dedicated graphic memory

Hard Drive
    250GB (5400RPM) SATA Hard Drive

Microsoft Operating System
    Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium - English

Modem
    No Modem

Optical Devices
    Fixed 8x DVD+/-RW Slim Slot Load drive, including SW

Wireless Networking
    Intel® Pro Wireless 3945 802.11a/b/g Mini-Card - Europe - Core 2 Duo Processors

LCD
    15.4" UltraSharp™ WXGA (1280x800) CCFL Display (220nits) with TrueLife™

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I think even a pig like Crysis will run at 1280x800 on that laptop.

*edit to remove double negatives*

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

so is that a yay or nay on it being worth my while?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

lol...it wont run at 1280x800 for sure.

I've it running at 800x600 with some effects on high but thats about it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I have a T7200, 2GBs ram and a go 7900gs in my laptop and I could get the crysis demo to run on medium at 1440x900.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

again mixed replies here,, so ok i can run it but IS IT WORTH MY WHILE? as in will it be barely playable, medium or well i know im not gonna get great.. But you know what i mean.

• Advertisement

Yea it'll play it.

You'll get mixed reviews on whether on Crysis is worth playing tho as well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Crysis won't run great on this laptop but it doesn't run great on nearly all machines. However it might be worth your while waiting for the Penryn processor which is coming to that laptop soon and an LED screen as well.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Don't bother waiting

nobody knows when soon is, the penryns are about 5% faster clock per clock in most things and there is no sign of them using penryn in the M1530 for the next 3-4 months....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,058 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

If you got rid of Vista and installed XP you'd have a better chance of it running... Basically take all the power you have and half it if you're using Vista... Dell will change it for free if you threaten court, to which the defense of "It's a gaming laptop, and because of Vista it's not playing games properly" - try running Oblivion, move, stop, move, stop, move, stop....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Just got the same laptop myself will let you know in a few days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

My current setup is a 2.2ghz core 2 duo,2gb of ram and a 512mb 8600gt and it plays pretty smoothly on medium settings,I would upgrade your processor and your graphics card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭jonny72

The processor is fine.. its the graphics card mainly..

However I have played Crysis on medium settings thought it was nice... then I saw it being played on high settings.. and I was blown away.. almost photorealistic.. different game.. of course you do need an 8800 series card to get the most and they are pretty expensive, more for laptops..

If you got rid of Vista and installed XP you'd have a better chance of it running... Basically take all the power you have and half it if you're using Vista... Dell will change it for free if you threaten court, to which the defense of "It's a gaming laptop, and because of Vista it's not playing games properly" - try running Oblivion, move, stop, move, stop, move, stop....
    :rolleyes:

Vista is fine for running games. I've almost the same spec [2gb ram v 3gb above] and Crysis runs fine at 800*600.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

The real question is will you be able to cope with Cry****. I have never played a game that has been so bad as to require a fantastic PC, but not require a brain to operate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

It'll play perfectly smoothly on medium, and every other game on a market on maxed out settings. Not really worth getting a faster machine for one game. It's quite fun regardless so I wouldn't worry about maxing out all the settings for it to be worthwhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

conzymaher wrote: »
    Don't bother waiting

nobody knows when soon is, the penryns are about 5% faster clock per clock in most things and there is no sign of them using penryn in the M1530 for the next 3-4 months....

It's only 5% faster clock for clock in some apps granted, but it's coming with much better frequencies and much better energy consumption. It's literally only days away. People would be mad not to wait now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭jonny72

It'll play perfectly smoothly on medium, and every other game on a market on maxed out settings. Not really worth getting a faster machine for one game. It's quite fun regardless so I wouldn't worry about maxing out all the settings for it to be worthwhile.

An 8600GT? as mid-range cards go its fairly **** to be honest. It got pretty slated on release for barely being faster than its predecessor the 7600GT.

As for running every other game on maxed out settings, thats just not gonna happen, Bioshock was a slide show on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

jonny72 wrote: »
    An 8600GT? as mid-range cards go its fairly **** to be honest. It got pretty slated on release for barely being faster than its predecessor the 7600GT.

As for running every other game on maxed out settings, thats just not gonna happen, Bioshock was a slide show on it.

I have a 512mb 8600GT and it plays crysis on medium almost flawlessly,only small stutter every now and again but not that often.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I can't believe the stupidity of selling a laptop that runs ddr2 in dual channel, and then putting 2 sticks of different sizes into the machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

crysis multiplayer: power struggle is friggin great, and i play all low.

• Advertisement
Advertisement