Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mathematical Insurance Quote Calculator

Options
  • 20-02-2008 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,569 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have rough idea how to calculate insurance without ringing round.

Here would be my situation...

25 year old male, 2 years no claims come renewal in July. Driving a 99 Nissan Micra - value circa 2,700. Third Party Fire Theft. Last premium was €920 with Quinn, but got €60 of this refunded after obtaining full license recently.

Could anyone estimate what they might charge me for the next year, or better yet, provide the formula. I know each insurance company is different, but just to get an idea...

Thanks if can help :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

Not being smart but the only way is to check!

Go online to various insurers and enetr your details as will be the case come June.

For what its worth I checked a premium for a mate with the company I work for (not sure if I can mention their name so i won't) but it was just under 700 for a 01 1.4l opel astra with 2 yrs no claims (he's 26). Hitting 2 years no claims and going over 25 will mean that Quinn isn't necesarily the cheapest quote any longer (ignoring the fact that their policy conditions may not be as generous as some others).

Bottom line is as soon as you get you renewal quote shop around with all the major insurers and buy the cheapest policy that fits your needs (in terms of excess, breakdown assist included etc)

Btw I'd doubt if anyone would let you in on the 'secrets' of their companies raters. All ours have 'Strictly confidential' on them all!!!

Advertisement