Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WrestleMania 24 Card

• 20-02-2008 12:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭

Updated WrestleMania 24 Card & Several Spoilers
    02/18/2008 by Ryan Clark

Following this week's RAW, here is the latest card for WrestleMania XXIV on March 30th:

WWE Title Triple Threat Match
    Randy Orton (c) vs. John Cena vs. Triple H

World Heavyweight Title Match
    Edge (c) vs. The Undertaker

Money In The Bank Ladder Match
    Mr. Kennedy, Jeff Hardy have qualified - 6 spots remain

The Money in the Bank match will feature 8 different WWE superstars.

There have been sporadic talks the past couple weeks of doing a 'Celebrity Battle Royal' at WrestleMania. The possible name as of now that has been thrown around is Kevin Federline.

The IC title will not be defended.

I'm guessing there will probably be something with Floyd Mayweather and Big Show and also a Ric Flair in a retirement match against ???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

lizann wrote: »
    I'm guessing there will probably be something with Floyd Mayweather and Big Show and also a Ric Flair in a retirement match against ???

There was talks about it being Flair Vs. HBK at Mania but now Hogan wants to be the one to face Flair at Mania.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Eire 4Ever

I'm thinking maybe

JBL V Finlay

I'd prefer HBK V Flair than Hogan V Flair

Wasn't there also talk of Hogan V SCSA at some point????

Whats gonna happen to Y2J? Will he particpate in his match idea MITB?

I think Jeff Hardy should have won at NWO, he is so over and him being in the title picture against Cena and/or Orton would have been different

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭hyn-zie

There was talks about it being Flair Vs. HBK at Mania but now Hogan wants to be the one to face Flair at Mania.

Thats bull sh!t, Hogan and Vince don't talk anymore, and Hogan is starting up his own wrestling show, seem's too stupid for me, i would be good if Stone Cold came back to destroy him, if ortan lose's at wrestlemania in which i reckon he will it will be him ending his career with his legend killer status, !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Would love to see HBK vs Flair. I'd like some sort of angle before the match where Flair comes out and says that, win or lose, it'll be his last match. Then have him beat HBK clean and go out on a win.

I'm hoping there'll be something like Jeff Hardy winning MITB and then HHH winning the title in the main event. Then, when Orton and Cena have cleared the ring Hardy comes down and challenges HHH with the MITB win to become world champion. Would mean that HHH could add another world title to his collection and make Jeff look uber-tough having survived the MITB match and then challenging the champion.

But then again, given the end of Cena Orton last Sunday I'd imagine Cena will be walking out the champ...

If they're finished with Hardy's push and he's not going to win the title or MITB then I'd like to see CM Punk in and winning the briefcase and then going on to challenge Chavo, but I don't think that'll happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Nature Boy

Any chance Sting would come back for a Flair match at wrestlemania? I mean if you take into account it's Flair's fairwell match...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Nature Boy wrote: »
    Any chance Sting would come back for a Flair match at wrestlemania? I mean if you take into account it's Flair's fairwell match...

About as much chance as Andre the Giant coming back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Nature Boy

Ah well. I would prefer to see HBK v Flair rather than Hogan

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I'm not sure how they are going to use Batista this year. No one stands out as an exciting opponent for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Mrs Roy Keane

Eire 4Ever wrote: »
    I'm thinking maybe

JBL V Finlay

I'd prefer HBK V Flair than Hogan V Flair

Wasn't there also talk of Hogan V SCSA at some point????

Whats gonna happen to Y2J? Will he particpate in his match idea MITB?

I think Jeff Hardy should have won at NWO, he is so over and him being in the title picture against Cena and/or Orton would have been different

I would have loved to have seen Y2J in the title picture but i guess he is maybe in the MITB match.

I agree i prefer HBK V Flair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

It will be HBK V Flair after HBK annouched Flair is going to be in the Hall of Fame

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I wouldn't mine seeing Flair vs Hogan if Flair were to win. There's no need at all for Hogan now that they've got Mayweather though

I don't believe these rumours of a celebrity battle royal at all. It'd be worse than sticking a load of trainee wrestlers in the ring

There could be a Hardcore Holly & Cody Rhodes vs Santino & Carlito match. More than likely Beth Phoenix vs Candice too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

I hate the idea of 8 guys in the MitB. It ruined the match last year imo. I'd have Hardy, Kennedy, Punk, Finlay and Benjamin in for definite and maybe Batista (what else will he do?), Jericho (if we don't get a feud ender with JBL) and MVP (same as Jericho only replace JBL with Hardy). There is no one worth a spot in this match on the roster. Except Umaga, but I don't really want him in this match. You could maybe throw in Kane and have him Umaga and Dave fight in the crowd over who's biggest or something and let the others go at it.

I'd rather have JBL vs Jericho and MVP vs Hardy as seperate matches and have the 6 or 8 (if need be) guys named above in the MitB. That with HBK vs Flair and more Big Show/ Mayweather goodness and we have a pretty decent card :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Assuming there are 8 matches I'd be pretty confident it'll go something like this

HHH vs. Cena vs. Randy

Edge vs. Taker

Flair vs. HBK

Mayweather with Rey at ringside vs. Show

A match involving some kind of playboy angle with Maria, Ashley and Santino, this storyline is clearly being prioritized ahead of a woman's title match or a Raw tag title match

Finlay vs. Vince

MITB featuring - Kennedy, Nitro, Hardy, Batista, MVP, Jericho (to win), JBL and Kane

another potential match I would see is a cruiserweight invitational if with maybe the Miz picking up the win, seriously

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

There could be a Hardcore Holly & Cody Rhodes vs Santino & Carlito match. More than likely Beth Phoenix vs Candice too

Good God! I'll take a celebrity battle Royal over those two stinkers anyday. It's Wrestlemania not Sunday Night Heat, and even on that they would be lucky to be dark matches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

Some kind of mulit team tag would be grand though, maybe Holly/Rhodes vs Santino/Carlito vs London/Kendrick vs Miz/Morrison. Title unification perhaps. God only knows the belt mean little enough as it is without having two seperate titles. Have Cade/Murdock been on telly at all recently?

Double C wrote: »
    Have Cade/Murdock been on telly at all recently?

Cade's got some injury, the last time I remember seeing Murdoch was in a match against HBK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

I hope that Hogan isn't in a match against Flair at Mania....greedy as hell. I would much rather see HBK vs. Flair anyday!

As for Austin wrestling, he said in an interview recently that he has no plans to return to the ring in the near future. If he was to appear at WM or any Raw/SD/ECW show i'd say it would only be a special guest ref like last year.

I do hope that there is some decent tag team match being held. Rory McAllister (out for 6 months), Cade and London are all out at the moment but hopefully Cade & London will be recovered to particiapte.

Would think the women's title match will either be Beth vs. Candice or having a 3-way with Maria, because of playboy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

steveland? wrote: »
    Would love to see HBK vs Flair. I'd like some sort of angle before the match where Flair comes out and says that, win or lose, it'll be his last match....

itll be stupid if he does that, it will completely destroy the "i will never retire" storyline!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

itll be stupid if he does that, it will completely destroy the "i will never retire" storyline!

i agree.
    Flair should announce his retirement the following night on raw and give us one more farewell speech. Lance storm suggested that a number of weeks ago on wrestling observer and I think its a great idea

fatal wrote: »
    Flair should announce his retirement the following night on raw and give us one more farewell speech. Lance storm suggested that a number of weeks ago on wrestling observer and I think its a great idea

yeah im with you on that! much better way to do it, either way we know he is gone after wm! woooooo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

fatal wrote: »
    i agree.

As seems to be the case quite often these days, Storm is right. They can't have our last memory of Flair: the greatest worker, the greatest talker, the greatest character, (**** it the greatest MAN who ever walked this planet!) be of him staring up at the lights. He's earned the right a million times over to go out with dignity with one last killer promo. There'll be so much going on at Mania with two title matches, MITB, the obligatory Vince match etc that it would be completely overshadowed on Mania. He deserves to "walk that aisle!" one more time on RAW and get the love and attention his remarkable career deserves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

flahavaj wrote: »
    He's earned the right a million times over to go out with dignity with one last killer promo.

You'll get it at the Hall of Fame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Floyd Mayweather vs. Big Show - Big Time, Big 'Money' Showdown

It's official.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Money Money Yeah Yeah!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭lizann

Updated WrestleMania XXIV PPV Card - New Matches
    02/25/2008 by Ryan Clark

After tonight’s edition of WWE Raw, below is the updated card for WrestleMania XXIV. WrestleMania will be live on pay-per-view from the Citrus Bowl in Orlando, Florida on March 30, 2008.

WWE Championship Match
    - Randy Orton (c) vs. John Cena vs. Triple H

WWE World Heavyweight Championship Match
    - Edge (c) vs. The Undertaker

Money In The Bank Ladder Match
    - Confirmed thus far: Ken Kennedy vs. Chris Jericho vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. Jeff Hardy

Career Threatening Match
    - Ric Flair vs. Shawn Michaels

Playboy BunnyMania
    Candice Michelle & Maria vs. Beth Phoenix & Melina

The Big Show vs. Floyd Mayweather

http://www.wrestlingnewsworld.com/wwe-news/floyd-mayweather-20-million-wrestlemania-xxiv-appearance.php
    AP: Floyd Mayweather To Get $20 Million For WrestleMania XXIV Appearance
    Written by Ryan Gray on Feb 25, 2008 - 8:02:07 PM

Mayweather to get $20 million to wrestle

LOS ANGELES (Associated Press) - Floyd Mayweather Jr. is a champion boxer and has tested his moves on "Dancing With the Stars." Now the man many consider the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world is preparing to drop the gloves and do some wrasslin.'

A $20 million payday awaits the undefeated WBC welterweight champion when he takes on Big Show as part of WWE's "WrestleMania XXIV" at Citrus Bowl in Orlando, Fla., on March 30.

"It's entertainment. You have a chance to just be you and do what you want to do," Mayweather said Monday after a chaotic Staples Center event that masqueraded as a news conference.

The boxer nicknamed "Money" clearly likes the way WWE does business.

"Wrestling takes care of business right on the spot," Mayweather said. "Whatever they say they're going to do, they do it right on the spot. There's no waiting three, four, five months. Quick results, quick money. Quick big money, too."

His manager Leonard Ellerbee and WWE executive Shane McMahon confirmed Mayweather's eight-figure payday for the outdoor match to be shown on live on pay-per-view.

Mayweather incited the couple hundred of already hyped fans at Staples Center by whipping out a thick wad of cash and repeatedly tossing $100, $50 and $20 bills into the crowd that had nearly as many women as men.

A mad scramble ensued, with a light pole nearly getting knocked over and two small children caught in the chaos. One lucky man emerged from the pileup clutching six $100 bills.

Mayweather played to the frenzied crowd after appearing from behind a black curtain wearing a New York Yankees jacket and cap. Fans shouted insults and the name of hometown hero Oscar De La Hoya at Mayweather.

"I run Vegas and I run L.A. and I will run the WWE," he boasted.

At 5-foot-8, 150 pounds, Mayweather gives up big numbers to the bald Big Show, who stands 7-feet and weighs 430.

"I weigh three times as much as he does," Big Show crowed. "It's not fair, but I'm a businessman and I see an opportunity for business."

Then he picked up the wooden podium and tossed it to the floor, where it splintered and the attached two mics lay like broken sticks. Clearly, Staples Center officials hadn't expected the move.

Mayweather hopped onto a chair and exchanged glares with Big Show while WWE regulars Randy Orton, John Cena, Triple H and Edge looked on, witnessing a newcomer who clearly understands the theatrics of modern-day wrestling.

"WWE is the biggest it gets," Mayweather said. "This is going to be an event like none other."

Ellerbee scoffed that hard-core boxing fans won't take Mayweather seriously after his WWE antics.

"After March 30, when Floyd goes out and takes care of his business at WrestleMania, he's still going to be the best fighter in the world and the face of boxing," he said. "Tell me what changes about that? Nothing changes."

The wrestling gig is another part of Ellerbee's carefully crafted plan to expand Mayweather's fan base.

"Either I'm going to be a genius with this or I'm the biggest idiot," he said. "Boxers have such a short window of opportunity. He can't become any bigger in boxing."

That's why Ellerbee snagged Mayweather a spot on ABC's reality hit "Dancing With the Stars." Mayweather didn't win the disco ball trophy, but he wasn't the first one voted off, either.

"It crossed him over and took him into the households of many middle-aged Middle Americans and turned him into a mainstream superstar," Ellerbee said. "Now when Floyd goes into the grocery store, the first thing 65-year-old ladies say is, `You're Floyd from `Dancing With the Stars.'"

Mayweather plans to train with WWE Latino star Ray Mysterio, who wears a mask on his face.

"I'm outside the box," he said, lapsing into the third person. "Floyd Mayweather is not just a fighter, he's an entertainer. That's what the world must know."

But he hasn't forgotten his night job.

Mayweather alluded to a possible rematch with De La Hoya in September. De La Hoya lost a split decision in their last bout May 5.

Wouldn't it be great of De La Hoya shows up at WM also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

wonder if they'll turn HBK heel again or just leave it as a face vs face match, theres no way Flair will be booed so pointless trying to turn him heel,what I'd do is have someone else attack Flair and have Michaels come to the rescue, then have Michaels promise he'll get Flair to Wrestlemania to have their match, say for arguments sake Umaga tries to take Flair out over the next few weeks,just to be the one who say he ended Rics career but Michaels shows him respect, Michaels remains a babyface and it sets up a new feud for HBK come Backlash

Personally I think Flair/HBK will steal the show at Mania, not because of the wrestling ability but lets face it if Michaels can drag a decent match out of Hogan hes a damn miracle worker, but the emotional side to it, i really hope its 2nd to the main event on the card as Flair deserves the sendoff, I'd have the entire roster, i mean EVERYONE line the ramp in the Citrus Bowl and have Flair shake everyones hand as he goes back to the locker room for the last time, there wont be a person sitting down for this and the tears will be flowing its gonna be one of those moments that makes you glad you watch wrestling

Ric Flair V HBK >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> HHH V Orton V Cena and Taker V Edge

I hope its the last match at WM

Ric Flair V HBK ...

I hope its the last match at WM

nah i doubt it will be, flair cant have a long match anymore (understandably)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

nah i doubt it will be, flair cant have a long match anymore (understandably)

HBK could carry him, thats why he's been given the job. Hell, he carried a one-legged Hogan to something passable a few years back. I'm delighted they chose Shawn for this match, he's the only one you KNOW will come up with some way to work around Flair's deficiencies, absolutely the right decision. I'd have no problem with this going out last. It's the least the finest performer in the history of the business deserves.

flahavaj wrote: »
    HBK could carry him, thats why he's been given the job. Hell, he carried a one-legged Hogan to something passable a few years back. I'm delighted they chose Shawn for this match, he's the only one you KNOW will come up with some way to work around Flair's deficiencies, absolutely the right decision. I'd have no problem with this going out last. It's the least the finest performer in the history of the business deserves.

you make a valid point, i would like to see him close the show, fitting end to an amazing career!! everybody alltogether now:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Lita Forever

A " Bunny Mania" match?? Wow, I'm surprised at this. I honestly thought that there was gonna be a title match featuring Candice, Beth, and very possibly Mickie, and a separate T & A match featuring Maria, Ashley, Melina & Jillian. (something like Team Playboy vs. Team Anti-Playboy) Even throughout Beth's lackluster title reign and rare Raw appearances, I thought this would be the case. Shows how naive I am. Lol..

If I look at the positive side of things, then I can see that it's better to have these four women in action in a lame " BunnyMania" match, then not have them appear at all. Plus as it stands right now, it could end up being just a normal match with no T & A nonsense..(unlikely, I know)..so if they give them any decent amount at all we might get at least a decent match..

Still though, it sucks. WWE had a well built story with Candice & Beth..how simple is it? Candice returns from injury, is really pissed off, and wants her title back. it practically writes itself for God's sake. All they had to do was put them in the ring and give them a decent amount of time. Stupid WWE.

Another thing, if they did have to insist on mixing the title story and the Playboy thing, I don't see how they couldn't have added Mickie & Jillian into the mix. Come to think of it Jillian would have been a better fit in the tag match then Melina. Jillian with her singer/ fame seeker gimmick naturally would take exception to the attention Maria is getting from her Playboy appearance and we could have gotten some good promos/ skits in the build up. Not to mention we've seen Melina in the ring with Maria numerous times lately..as well as countless times with Candice last year..having Jillian in there would have brought something relatively fresh and new to the mix but I'm rambling now..

A " Bunny Mania" match?? Wow, I'm surprised at this. I honestly thought that there was gonna be a title match featuring Candice, Beth, and very possibly Mickie, and a separate T & A match featuring Maria, Ashley, Melina & Jillian. (something like Team Playboy vs. Team Anti-Playboy) Even throughout Beth's lackluster title reign and rare Raw appearances, I thought this would be the case. Shows how naive I am. Lol..

If I look at the positive side of things, then I can see that it's better to have these four women in action in a lame " BunnyMania" match, then not have them appear at all. Plus as it stands right now, it could end up being just a normal match with no T & A nonsense..(unlikely, I know)..so if they give them any decent amount at all we might get at least a decent match..

Still though, it sucks. WWE had a well built story with Candice & Beth..how simple is it? Candice returns from injury, is really pissed off, and wants her title back. it practically writes itself for God's sake. All they had to do was put them in the ring and give them a decent amount of time. Stupid WWE.

Another thing, if they did have to insist on mixing the title story and the Playboy thing, I don't see how they couldn't have added Mickie & Jillian into the mix. Come to think of it Jillian would have been a better fit in the tag match then Melina. Jillian with her singer/ fame seeker gimmick naturally would take exception to the attention Maria is getting from her Playboy appearance and we could have gotten some good promos/ skits in the build up. Not to mention we've seen Melina in the ring with Maria numerous times lately..as well as countless times with Candice last year..having Jillian in there would have brought something relatively fresh and new to the mix but I'm rambling now..

In all fairness, considering Mania's main demographic the Bunny mania match was the right choice

Bubs101 wrote: »
    In all fairness, considering Mania's main demographic the Bunny mania match was the right choice

I hadn't really thought about it, but now I realise that I heard about it and didn't even think twice. Just a token match. But before that I was kind of looking forward to seeing Candice return and take on Beth. Not a whole lot, but at least I had some interest in it

I see where you're coming from there..I can see why Maria got a spot on the card due to her Playboy push. I wouldn't have had any problem with her being booked in some T & A nonsense. There's absolutely no reason though to have her mixed in with the Candice- Beth title story. There's no reason why they couldn't have had two matches and catered to both fans of T & A and women's wrestling. My original post wasn't to dispute Maria being on the card but rather to express my disappointment at the failure to separate the Playboy bull**** with the previously well built Candice vs. Beth feud, and mini Beth vs. Mickie feud that had also been building nicely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

i really hope matt hardy is fit for mania, his possible match-up with MVP could be a show-stealer

i heard someone say there will be 8 spots in the MITB, if so Elijah Burke and john morrison should fill at least 2 of those imo

JBL and finlay also seems likely, that would be 9 matches and 1 more than last year, they had 11 matches at mania 22 but of course the pillowfight and boogie man/booker lasted all of about 3 minutes between them :rolleyes: and the triple threat world title was stupidly short

I see where you're coming from there..I can see why Maria got a spot on the card due to her Playboy push. I wouldn't have had any problem with her being booked in some T & A nonsense. There's absolutely no reason though to have her mixed in with the Candice- Beth title story. There's no reason why they couldn't have had two matches and catered to both fans of T & A and women's wrestling. My original post wasn't to dispute Maria being on the card but rather to express my disappointment at the failure to separate the Playboy bull**** with the previously well built Candice vs. Beth feud, and mini Beth vs. Mickie feud that had also been building nicely.

I think there is a big reason that they couldn't have 2 woman's matches and that's because the average fan doesn't want to see them. In all fairness beth and Candice aren't Trish and Lita or even Kong and Kim. There's little interest and more deserving matches for the card

I'd only half agree with that. I don't believe the average wrestling fan has any interest in T & A nonesense, but I do believe there's an interest in Candice & Beth and any well built match between women wrestlers. Sure not everyone would have an interest, just like everyone wouldn't have an interest in some of the other matches on the card, but there would certainly be a level of interest there. I'd say a lot of fans would be interested in seeing Candice get revenge on Beth. Interest in seeing Maria **** up an arm drag? Not so much.

The WWE has promoted two divas matches on a couple of PPVs before. Some matches have been good, some haven't. But there's never been any major issue with having two women's matches on PPV, so I wouldn't really say the reason is lack of interest, rather then WWE not going the logical route and messing things up as usual.

The only diva who can actual wrestle is Victoria and she is on SD she should be on RAW dominating the Women's Division. I prefer no womens matches at WM

The only diva who can actual wrestle is Victoria and she is on SD she should be on RAW dominating the Women's Division. I prefer no womens matches at WM

i disagree she is the only girl in the WWE that can wrestle, beth has worked really hard to get to the WWE, she was a top class high-school wrestler. Jillian Hall can work as well as any of the girls, her work in OWW shows that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Eire 4Ever

Victoria is the best female wrestler currently in the roster but i think Beth, Jillian, Mickie, Melina and even Michelle McCool (needs more training) could also put on a decent match with the right opponent. I don't know why Victoria was put to SD.

I disagree. Victoria is one of the most talented female wrestlers in WWE but to say she's the only one who can wrestle is a bit ridiculous, especially considering the work displayed by Beth, Mickie, Melina, Jillian, and even Candice. Victoria while still capable of pulling off a good match has slowed down over the last couple of years. The in ring work of the aforementioned women over the past year surpasses Victoria's imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Matt Hardy is back!! I like MVP but Matt winning the US title at Mania will be one of the feel good moments of the night.
    We have gotten word that Matt Hardy returned to WWE during an angle tonight with MVP at the SmackDown/ECW live event at the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum in Fort Wayne, Indiana.

According to one of our live correspondents, after MVP retained his United States Heavyweight Championship in a match against Jimmy Wang Yang, Hardy came out after MVP proceeded to beat up on Yang. MVP retreated at first but Hardy ended up knocking him out and laying his championship across him.

Matt Hardy has been out of action since undergoing an emergency appendectomy back in November. He appeared on camera at the December 29th Raw taping in Greensboro, North Carolina in an angle with Randy Orton that aired on the New Year’s Eve edition of Raw.

We are seeking live reports from both the Raw and SmackDown house shows tonight. If you attended one of the shows please send us a report to this email address.

So then lads who will the final four people in MITB be? I think we can rule out MVP and Matt as they should be facing each other. I think Kane will their as he has being getting a push recently and they will want a big man in it. Morrison and The Miz would be fun to see involved as both are young and talented and deserve a slot at Mania. I don’t know if the ECW belt will be defend at Mania, if not CM Punk is a banker to be in it.
    Y2J/Jeff/Kennedy/Shelton/The Miz/ Morrison/Kane/CM punk
    Pity about the disaster piece that is Kane but the rest are more than useful in the ring, it could be the highlight of the night.

MVP has held the US belt since May 20th last year so 45 weeks. He needs to drop the title to further his career and this should happen once his program with matt hardy concludes, probably just before or at summerslam

as for final four; kane, punk, morrison and either miz or burke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I for one will not be watching Wrestlemania this year. The card looks horrendous so far, and cannot see it get any better. A number of things are bugging me about it

1. Money In The Bank is a match which is used only to get people who creative have no ideas for. Jericho after his big return is in this with Shelton Benjamin? Come on. The only person who this match benefits is Hardy, and thats because he is a lock to win it.

2. This is the 7th year on the trot the IC title will not be defended at WM. Why? Many years back the IC fued going to Mania was always fantastic. Now the could not be bothered.

3. A triple threat for the Main Event. Again, lazy booking. A 3 way dance would have been nicer under elimination rules if they had to have a 3 way. Why could they not have build it for a one v one?

4. Umaga Vs Batista. Two characters who heavily feature on their respective brands and creative have nothing for them so throw them in a match with no build, no meaning? Hopeless.

5. Flairs "retirement" match. Again, this is a random match plucked out of nowhere. It will probably be a good match, but they have been building toward this retirement for months without putting him in an actual fued with anyone, apart from McMahon and that doesn't even really register as a feud per se, as McMahon has been pre occupied with Hornswoggle.

6. The fact that Edge Vs Taker will not be the main event. This one actually has some heat going into it, a decent feud, slow built since Survivor Series. No doubt it will probably be on 3rd or 4th.

All in all I cannot see any reason to waste the electricity of my PC or TV, or waste the petrol to drive to my buddies place to watch this.

Shame, as the run up to Mania has always been a great time for WWE and fans. This year it stinks to the high heavens (actually it did as well last year and had an event which sucked as well). Maybe its time for me to stop caring and stop bitching about a product which I have not particularly liked for a few years now.

thats what happens when you have 7 hours of free WWE tv a week and 14-15 PPVs a year. There is no time to build feuds anymore like in the past and feuds that have been developed are so diluted come wrestlemania the fans don't care anymore ie jbl/jericho

MITB will be a great match as it has been for the last 3 years, MVP/Matt Hardy will replace the intercontinental match so no real worries there

personally i believe it should have been orton/cena in something like an ironman or 2 out of 3 falls.

edge/taker should be good

michaels/flair will be what it is and won't be a stinker

big show/mayweather will bring in extra buys no doubt and will generate interest even if it smells like rotten eggs come match time (which it probably will) :eek:

the possible finlay/mcmahon feud has been well built for a few months now, insert jbl into that and this might be an ok angle

umaga/batista will be meh, they need to build interest in this one and it can be done, after all they basically had the same match headlining last years event by just putting donald trump in lashleys corner ;)

obviously the playboy thing will suck horribly, should have been beth and candice with maria in her corner. This could have been well written with candice seeking revenge in the weeks leading up to mania but beth just too strong and then maria helping candice to win the title at mania, but the writers f**ked it up as usual :mad:

I don't think it's as bad as people are saying here but it's certainly a closer description than what EDK and co are giving on the other thread.

The 3 way match should be good, although TBH I don't care who wins and I'm not sure most non-Cena fanboys have a favourite which is a big problem. Jeff should have been in this to give it a fairytale factor.

Edge and Taker will be O.K. but it's hard to look forward to a match when you know your favourite wrestler is going to lose cleanly.

How on earth Gimmick can say Flair vs. Micheals is a match picked out of nowhere is insane. They've been building Flair's last match for ages and I'm looking forward to it but I'd like to see Flair go out as a heel, or at least a tweener.

Show vs. Mayweather should be a good laugh but we know who will win which is a very very common trend at this Mania.

Hardy vs. MVP should be class but this feud should have ended months ago with its momentum intact. MVP is not going to win here, he has had the belt for too long and I have a suspicion they might unite the US title and the Intercontinental belts by having the Hardy's face off down the line.

Finlay and McMahon are too old and slow to be in a match together so unless this match is full of Shane O Mac it'll be terrible

Umaga vs. Batista should be a good enough match. These two have improved massively and as long as Batista doesn't try his Spear I will be happy.

MITB. Would be fantastic if it didn't look like Jeff was a lock. I hope he gets injured for the night only doing his bump so we get a genuine surprise in this match. Would love to see Morrisson win it. As for who the 8 will be, Hardy-Kennedy-Jericho-Morrisson-Benjamin-Kane-Khali-London

Women's match. Hopefully it'll be short and Maria will get em out for the lads

I'd be surprised if there wasn't an extreme rules match and would love to see another Cruiserweight Open if Helms is fit again. but it's not looking great

Why does everyone think Jeff winning MITB is a lock? Kennedy has being getting a push recently and we all know that Y2J can main event. He beat Jeff cleanly as well which nobody bar HHH has done for ages. I could imagine Y2J wining it and turning heel and facing Cena at Summerslam, that would draw big time.

Bubs101 wrote: »
    How on earth Gimmick can say Flair vs. Micheals is a match picked out of nowhere is insane. They've been building Flair's last match for ages and I'm looking forward to it but I'd like to see Flair go out as a heel, or at least a tweener.

It was picked out of nowhere. Shawn just happened to be announcing Ric's induction to the HOF, for no apparent reason. No other inductee has been announced by a wrestler. And then Flair just challenged Shawn, again with no real reason other than "you're good"

• Advertisement
Advertisement