Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking for company to ski Tignes, March 8-16th

• 20-02-2008 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi All,

I'm going to ski in Tignes Val Claret from 8th till 16th of March but my mates can't make it this year I never liked going along and will be glad to have a good company ;-)

There is a place in apartment to stay as well if you care.

I live in Dublin and willing to meet anyone who is interested and discuss details

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,092 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Hi Marusia,

Just wondering how your getting on? did you find someone to go with you.

Have you checked the availability of flights, is it looking good?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Marusia

Hi Static,
    I was busy and haven't done much about looking so you are Mr First ;-)
    I've got my flights booked already but as far as I can see there are plenty and it shouldn't be a problem.
    The closest airport to Tignes is Chambery but nothing flies there from Dublin
    There are ryanair flights to Grenoble and airlingus to Lyon. From Grenoble you can take either train to Bourg St Maurice or bus. From Lyon it's better by bus but you need to book it (I have link)
    I'm going to Paris and taking TGV to Bourg St Maurice and then bus up to Tignes.
    There is another option and might be the cheapest as well :- fly to London and take eurostar straight to Bourg St Maurice It goes at night so at 6am you are there

Hope it'll help
    Thanks

By the way, Freeride world cup event is in Tignes this year from 8th till 12th of March
    http://www.tignes.net/GB_freeride-world-tour.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Marusia wrote: »
    Hi Static,
    I was busy and haven't done much about looking so you are Mr First ;-)
    I've got my flights booked already but as far as I can see there are plenty and it shouldn't be a problem.
    The closest airport to Tignes is Chambery but nothing flies there from Dublin
    There are ryanair flights to Grenoble and airlingus to Lyon. From Grenoble you can take either train to Bourg St Maurice or bus. From Lyon it's better by bus but you need to book it (I have link)
    I'm going to Paris and taking TGV to Bourg St Maurice and then bus up to Tignes.
    There is another option and might be the cheapest as well :- fly to London and take eurostar straight to Bourg St Maurice It goes at night so at 6am you are there

Hope it'll help
    Thanks

Just back from Val Claret, see report in the sticky, flew to Geneva and got a bus down changing in Bourg St Maurice, 3-5 hours depending on traffic and good aul duty free in Geneva. Aer Lingus return flights were around 120euro. Bus was around 90euro return.

Are you entering Marusia!?

It looks amazing

• Advertisement

bohsman wrote: »
    Just back from Val Claret, see report in the sticky, flew to Geneva and got a bus down changing in Bourg St Maurice, 3-5 hours depending on traffic and good aul duty free in Geneva. Aer Lingus return flights were around 120euro. Bus was around 90euro return.
    Hi Boshman,
    how was the snow?

Are you entering Marusia!?

It looks amazing
    i have a cunning plan...;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Marusia wrote: »
    Hi Boshman,
    how was the snow?

Very icey, 1 day snow so far in February, they were expecting snow on Wednesday night, it got warmer instead. The snow making machines were used a couple of nights.

Only 11 days till the 8th... What to do!!

I realy like the idea of entering that competition, although it would actually kill me for sure.. Actually No, I really like the idea of someone else entering that competition and me watching from a very safe helicopter.

Only 11 days till the 8th...
    Actually No, I really like the idea of someone else entering that competition and me watching from a very safe helicopter.

Oh, you shouldn't need to worry I guess there are plenty of crazy heads have signed up already and there will be plenty to watch on

Can't promise the helicopter though:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 checkxp

Hello, I'm actually looking for a space to go to Tignes from around the 29th ~ 30th March until 4th or 5th April 2008.

If Anyone got a spare place they want to fill to go to Tignes or Val D'Isere, I would be delighted to come with. I won't be needing transport, as I can come with train etc, but if it's something you can offer it's a Bonus.

I'm a 20 year old student that desperately wants to go skiing, but there was no spaces left in the apartment of my friends!!

Thanks a lot. :rolleyes:

Advertisement