Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Suck My D*ck F*ck Face £0.00

• 20-02-2008 12:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/staffordshire/7253002.stm
    Restaurant sorry over F word bill
    The rude bill
    The message was printed in capital letters on the bill
    A restaurant owner has apologised after diners had their very own F word experience - without Gordon Ramsay.

Ten friends found the abusive and sexually-explicit message on their bill at Joe Delucci's Italian restaurant in Bird Street, Lichfield, Staffordshire.

Diner Clare Watkin said she thought it was written after they complained about poor service.

The party from Walsall had gone to the restaurant on Friday. Owner Nigel Langsdon has begun an investigation.

Ms Watkin said: "I couldn't believe it. The bill read 'fish cakes', which one of us had for a starter, and it was written right above it - absolutely disgusting language.

I think that the way that we've been spoken to is absolutely outrageous
    Clare Watkin

"We actually booked the table for 8 o' clock in the evening, by the time they had taken our order it was quarter to nine and we didn't actually receive our food until quarter past 10."

She added: "I'd like a written apology from the restaurant and I'd also like some compensation.

"I think that the way that we've been spoken to is absolutely outrageous."

TV chef Gordon Ramsay's foul-mouthed diatribes on his Channel 4 show The F Word have given viewers an insight into the type of language often used in the restaurant kitchen.

Joe Delucci's owner Mr Langsdon said the message had been meant to be seen only by kitchen staff and he did not know how it ended up as an item on the receipt.

He said: "That shouldn't come out on the bill, so we've got to find out what's gone wrong there.

"But we have apologised unreservedly to the girls concerned and said that they're very welcome to come back and have a free meal and we'd like them to."

He has also offered to donate the bill for their meal to charity.

The cost of the meal came to £284.68, including a 10% service charge.
    The reciept can be seen by clicking hte link.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

And no spotted dick on the menu.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

lol

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Terry wrote: »
    He has also offered to donate the bill for their meal to charity.

The cost of the meal came to £284.68, including a 10% service charge.

I bet he did! GTF, I'd expect him to start adding zeros to the end of that bill before I became interested in talking reasonably!

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Beerlao

i used to put prank messages in the scales/ticket printer in the deli counter where i once worked. so when someone put in the 3-digit code for say, Cashel Blue, they'd get something roooood :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

Terry wrote: »
    .She added: "I'd like a written apology from the restaurant and I'd also like some compensation.

Compo???
    Is she for real?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

If your order hasn't been taken by 8:15, I'd be on the phone looking for somewhere else to eat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Love the bit where She's looking for compo!

Obviously very traumatised b the whole experience, poor thing :rolleyes:. a couple of weeks off work paid perhaps, to ease the stress of it all

Edit: If i was her i'd be glad the guy she pissed off was making up her bill and not her main course ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Lol looking for compensation is a bit mad but I certainly wouldn't pay the bill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

She added: "I'd like a written apology from the restaurant and I'd also like some compensation.

What a f*cking scumbag

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

fish cakes? eww

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Wow, that would take balls...:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,182 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Mmm.... succulent fish cakes....

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

hahahahahaha... nice find

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

po0k wrote: »
    If your order hasn't been taken by 8:15, I'd be on the phone looking for somewhere else to eat.
    Indeed. And if the order was taken and I'd seen no food for an hour, I'd be gone.

More fool them for sticking around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

lmfo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Why would I want to suck your duck?

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I dunno, at least they didn't charge for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Damn you! Now I'm starving. That was my fave restaurant in Lichfield when I lived there. Mmm... grilled chicken sammich

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Some hippy had an aubergines and feta cheese starter so they deserve all the abuse they get, frankly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭DAEDULUS

who cares, what a waste of a thread :p

it was pretty funny, but to just paste a news article and make it a thread is a bit spammish no? :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

I'd be quite pleased with a free dinner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

MooseJam wrote: »
    I'd be quite pleased with a free dinner

I agree. Any restaurant want to call me a f**k face and give me a free dinner I'd be all for it. It would have been much funnier if they had been charged for the insult.

Actually I would've found it hilarious if I was handed that bill. "Excuse me... I don't think we ordered a SUCK MY D**K F**K FACE!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

I loved that.

I wonder just how much the table deserved it that someone went to all that trouble.
    I hope the bill was presented with a big smile and a thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Money grabbing **** tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

I think the restaurant owner should suck all of their d.icks to make amends

Ah yes. Sux My D1ck F1ck Face. I hear its all the range in Paris.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭daisy123

Why order two half portions of wings? Why not just one and share?? Where's the love?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

A convicted paedophile walked into the store i work in last week.

He was standing at the counter, i typed in a little message onto the computer for my work mate to see... referring to this sickos fondnes for prepubesent scrotum.

I think i did it to take my mind off my absolute anger i had towards him... either joke about it or remove his head with my boot.

Advertisement