Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you want Edge to end the streak this year?

• 20-02-2008 12:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭

Well after No Way Out we know it’s the Rated R Superstars well deserved opportunity to headline Mania. This is the feud that has building slowly over the last few months, Edge has screwed Taker three times and the feeling is that Taker will finally get his moment of revenge on the ultimate stage by regaining the title at Mania. However the debate has naturally came back tit the streak. I for one am in two minds about the streak, Taker has being incredible over the last few years in the ring, he has had to wrestle duds in the ring and somehow he consistently gets watch able matches out of them. The most recent example was Sunday when he made a match with Batista, Khali and Viscera incredibly entertaining. Taker lets not forget unlike Hunter has only being in the title hunt sporadically over the last decade in fact he has only won five championship matches out of thirty something. Edge is great but he’s not done enough over the last year to earn the honour of ending Takers streak. So what does everyone else think? Taker or Edge

Shoudl Edge end the streak this year? 19 votes

yes
    0% 0 votes
    no
    100% 19 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

No i think taker's streak should last.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭hyn-zie

considering he was to lose at No Way Out but because of the 619's injury

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Undertaker's been around long enough and has paid a lot of dues in the company.

To my mind he deserves to keep the Wrestlemania streak until he retires.

If they don't want him to lose his streak but also don't want him to be the champ after WM I'd imagine they'd go with some sort of non-ending (Edge being disqualified/counted out etc etc). Wouldn't be a good ending to a Wrestlemania title match but, hey, it's the WWE...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I would be all for Edge beating the Taker for the streak, if Edge actually had an undefeated Mania record, which he doesn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I think this match should actually headline the night, as for me, it defintely has the most appeal. It is a decently built feud between two excellent workers. Not to mention it is a feud which people will pay to see culminate, unlike HHH & Orton.

I am somewhat torn here, because I really dont think Edge has been given a proper title run yet, its always been somewhat transitional, and it looks that this one is no different, so from that point of view I would love to see him go over Taker clean to give his title run a real shot of credibility.

On the other hand, Taker is one of the all time greats, does not demand title run after title run and should be remembered for an unblemished WM record.

Perhaps Taker should do the right thing and let Edge get the win which could effectively make Edge a massive name and a real marquee name. I really dont know, but I voted "No" in the poll anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,002 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Mrs Roy Keane

Taker V Edge >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Orton V HHH V Cena

I don't want Edge to end Taker's winning streak at WM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Well ... if anybody currently in wwe is going to break takers streak then I'd want it to be Edge.

I don't think it would be possible to give anyone a bigger rub.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

I would be all for Edge beating the Taker for the streak, if Edge actually had an undefeated Mania record, which he doesn't.

Yea but they could go with Edge never been pinned at WM he only lost the MITB match

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Danger_Dave

I voted Yes. It would give Edge as someone else said a real marquee name in wrestling. Undertaker will retire soon, records are there to be broken, why not break this record now by giving the honor to edge , to make him a credible champion, and allowing Edge to push up and coming talent. If Taker loses, it could lead to a huge feud for the rest of the year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

I wouldn't mind seeing it but I don't think it will happen. I'd say Taker will win a WM and the feud will continue and Edge might come away with the belt. I think Mr Nice Guy (rip) hit the nail on the head a while back saying Cena would be the one to end the streak at WM 25.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

WWE would make more money if they kept the streak going, so I would imagine Vince will go for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I don't really agree with the opinion that the Undertaker has had great matches over the last two years. There has been a few in there alright, but most of his matches start out real boring and it's only the last 8 minutes or so that get really exciting, and that's because he's got three finishers that are incredibly over with the fans

If he's planning to slow down soon then I think he should lose at Wrestlemania. If he wants to stick around for a few more years then he should win I think. Although the chances are he'll end up injured this time next year, so I think that Edge should win. It'd suit the story better too I think, if you were to forget about the streak

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

If they gave Edge a clean win it would be so good for his career and there's noone better they could give it to at the moment as noone else needs it as much. If Edge loses the title once again without picking up a PPV win without his oponennt having some kind of excuse it would hurt him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Edge to win, but in a way that makes both men look good, hes the one person the smarks wont go nuts over ending the streak, although Cena ending it at mania 25 would be a huge main event smarks versus marks lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

steveland? wrote: »
    wouldn't be a good ending to a Wrestlemania title match but, hey, it's the WWE...

hey its how they ended a title match at NWO, and lets be honest, with the way they have changed the royal rumble, they dont seem to care about the big events, so you never know....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

WWE aren't going to do a regular DQ finish to a Wrestlemania title match. They're smarter than that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Taker's taking that streak into retirement 100% and rightly so.

I've found Edge increasingly tedious over the last few months. Seriously, what does it say about his ability as a heel in his own right when they have to firstly play up his off screen relationship with Lita to get him heat and then stick him in a peurile, stomach turning relationship with Eddie Guerrrero's widow? Whatever happened to the great heels like Flair or Lawler who used their own charisma and character to turn the crowd on them? **** Edge, I hope Taker squashes him in five minutes and I don't even particularly like Taker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

flahavaj wrote: »
    Whatever happened to the great heels like Flair or Lawler who used their own charisma and character to turn the crowd on them? **** Edge, I hope Taker squashes him in five minutes and I don't even particularly like Taker.

I don't know how you can say that. When Edge cashed in the first MITB agaisn't Cena it was one of the best heel moments I've ever seen. They just need a new way to flog a dead cow, sorry, horse and they've paired her with Edge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Bubs101 wrote: »
    I don't know how you can say that. When Edge cashed in the first MITB agaisn't Cena it was one of the best heel moments I've ever seen. They just need a new way to flog a dead cow, sorry, horse and they've paired her with Edge

That WAS magnificent, but now he's just tedious and his schtick grates on my nerves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

flahavaj wrote: »
    That WAS magnificent, but now he's just tedious and his schtick grates on my nerves.

mine too, they dont seem to do good heels anymore, lets be honest JBLs banter is dragged out and predictible, (and that stuff on last mondays raw was rediculous, fat b*stard) edge.....well we all know about him! i think we need good heels, like flair used to be, or HHH, in my opinion one of the greatest heels the wwe has ever seen!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I could see Taker winning by his new submission so edge can say that he has never been pinned at wrestlemania

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭BlackMamba

steveland? wrote: »
    Undertaker's been around long enough and has paid a lot of dues in the company.

To my mind he deserves to keep the Wrestlemania streak until he retires.

If they don't want him to lose his streak but also don't want him to be the champ after WM I'd imagine they'd go with some sort of non-ending (Edge being disqualified/counted out etc etc). Wouldn't be a good ending to a Wrestlemania title match but, hey, it's the WWE...

Well said!!:) If Undertaker wins via DQ or count-out, you can guarantee absolute up-roar at the Citrus Bowl....but thats just what I think!!

Advertisement