Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Judder

Options
  • 20-02-2008 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

My car has started to judder when changing gears. It usually only happens in 2nd and 3rd, and sometimes in 1st. It doesn't happen every time i change gears, and might only happen once or twice a day. Also I've noticed the clutch is starting to slip. I presume a new clutch will fix the problem? i.e. the juddering isn't caused by something else - gearbox/flywheel?

The clutch has always been really stiff anyway. A friend of mine had trouble even pressing the pedal to the floor! I was driving a rental car recently and the difference is amazing!

The car is an 02 corolla. 67k miles.

Does anyone know how much this is likely to cost? Also, can anyone recommend a mechanic in the Ranelagh/Rathgar area? Or even around Glasnevin will do.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Sounds like a clutch job. not cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I'd tend to agree with Plug.

It does sound like a clutch disc/pressure plate problem - both of which will be replaced during a 'clutch replacement' along with the clutch release bearing. It's not unusual to see a clutch go at 67k, but I've seen loads last twice as long.

Try Dave Curry Motors on Harrison Row (behind Coman's). They're nice to deal with and not mad expensive.

Advertisement