Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Failed Windows Installation

• 20-02-2008 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

Hey, had a failed installation of vista ultimate 32bit and am now left with a 'Windows Setup Rollback' which tries to take preference over my working OS. Could someone tell me how to get rid of this or even just change the working OS to the default? When the rollback loads or tries to anyway it just gets to the saying its rolling back the installation for about 15 secs than just restarts the computer until I go into windows boot manager and manually select the functioning OS vista ultimate 64bit :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 253 ✭✭Jaoibh

If you have your windows Vista disk I would suggest just doing a clean install.
    this means all the information currently stored on your hard disk will be wiped.

you could possibly do the same if you have a windows XP disk if you dont want to use Vista.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

if 64 bit works then you need to modify the startup options
    someone may know a bit more about vista startup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭Tony H

if you can get in to your working os , i presume you were installing a dual boot , you could try vistabootpro , it fixed a problem i had with vista boot manager

http://www.vistabootpro.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭sean1ucc

cool il giv dat a go and see what happens

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭sean1ucc

Wel that worked anyways cheers lads

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

sean1ucc wrote: »
    cool il giv dat a go and see what happens
    sean1ucc wrote: »
    Wel that worked anyways cheers lads

translation