Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best bricks and mortar shop for games

• 20-02-2008 1:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭

I've seen a few threads on here where people give out about Gamestop being overly expensive compared to other shops. I have to say that the nearest game shops to me are a Gamestop branch and Xtravision. Xtravision is usually about a fiver cheaper on new titles but Gamestop is much cheaper on preowned games (I've had a 360 for only 3 months so I missed out on a lot of the older titles) - I've seen Gears of War new for €70 but got it preowned in Gamestop for €20 , where it was €30+ (I can't remember exactly how much) in Xtravision preowned. Similarly Crackdown, preowned in Gamestop for €18, elsewhere about €30 or more.

I've always found Game to be quite expensive and Smyths to be good value in comparison but recently Xtravision have done some good deals.

I'm curious to know where others on this list have found consistent good value for games.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,268 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

GameStop are the most expensive for new games. I used to work there and they're nearly always the last to drop the price of a new game. I remember a 360 launch game was still full price a year later, they never copped it!

Xtra-vision i find are usually the cheapest for new games, but crap on pre-owned. I used to shop in Game loads but don't anymore... Anyway, i don't buy pre-owned PS3 games, too much of a chance to take.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I always shop around when buying games. Different stores have different deals on all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Agree with Faceman, different stores have different prices all the time. Its very inconsistent so your best to check different places because you can usually get a good deal.

If you have a laser card, you could also try out gamesnash.ie who sell second hand games. I bought Dirt from them and it was delivered within a day or two and its freepost.

Advertisement