Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What happens once you fail?

Options
  • 20-02-2008 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭

Failed today in Raheny....gutted but thats another story!

What happens now that ive failed? Ive re-applied already but do i go back to the bottom of the list? Supplied my candidate no with the second application.
    Just wondering how long i likely to be waiting.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

If you can get a letter from work it will probably be within four weeks. Hard luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

You go to the bottom of the list unfortunately. Hard luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭squishywishy

Thanks guys,
    Gutted....still crying over it because i really feel like i drive not different but got 6 grade 2's for observation alone!!!

Ahh it is just nerves squishy!
    The way I look at it is the longer it takes you, the more effort you have to put in the better driver you are at the end of the day. Who knows it could save your life, or a hell of alot of hassle from an accident some day.

Suppose your right but my instructor was confident id pass and ive really tried to learn systems for going everything safely and in time.

Nothing i can do about it now but id love to sit it again soon while the lessons are fresh in my mind etc.

Confidence in my abilties is shattered now, feel like giving up to be honest!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Suppose your right but my instructor was confident id pass and ive really tried to learn systems for going everything safely and in time.

Nothing i can do about it now but id love to sit it again soon while the lessons are fresh in my mind etc.

Sorry to hear the bad news really is 50 50 down there !

Just wondering when did you apply ??

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Ahh dont be be some instructors are <SNIP> and its all money at the end of the day!

Ahh dont be be some instructors are <SNIP> and its all money at the end of the day!

Instructor i learnt with was defo out for the money....test prep guy was brilliant and defo wasnt. he sounded gutted for me today when i rang him
    Just wondering when did you apply ??

Start of May,so 9 month wait......rough and bad form!!
    really is 50 50 down there
    In Raheny or just in general???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭susanna

Don't worry squishy, same thing happened to me except worse, we'll get there eventually!

Get straight back out and practice, and apply again soon so you'll have something to focus on.

susanna wrote: »
    Don't worry squishy, same thing happened to me except worse, we'll get there eventually!

Get straight back out and practice, and apply again soon so you'll have something to focus on.

Thanks Susanna, Nice to know im not alone. Have you got a date for your nex test yet?
    Im really anxious to get out and try again asap. Tempted to ring looking for a cancellation but im on placement for college for the next few weeks and doubt people would cancel during Easter, or even if tests would be held over easter!!
    :confused::confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

my instructor was confident id pass
    Most instructors would probably say that. It wouldn't have done your confidence much good if he said that you hadn't a hope!

Commiserations on the test result. :(

Most instructors would probably say that. It wouldn't have done your confidence much good if he said that you hadn't a hope!

Thanks Wishbone....im a long time lurker here in learning to drive and by todays result you wont be getting rid of me anytime soon!!!

Instructor i prepared for the test with is the second one ive had. first one didnt suit me at all. this one did and was fair in the sense that he said he'd have told me to postpone the test if he wasnt confident i'd pass it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Thanks Wishbone....im a long time lurker here in learning to drive and by todays result you wont be getting rid of me anytime soon!!!
    That's what we're here for! :D

Originally Posted by squishywishy
    That's what we're here for! :D

Secretly failed just to stay here!! lol:p:p

I wish!!!.....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

I cancelled my first test date because it came up a lot sooner than I thought it would and my instructor told me that he very much doubted that I'd pass if I took my test at that stage and tbh he was right. A lot of people in Ireland think they can drive well when they can't!

daiixi wrote: »
    I cancelled my first test date because it came up a lot sooner than I thought it would and my instructor told me that he very much doubted that I'd pass if I took my test at that stage and tbh he was right. A lot of people in Ireland think they can drive well when they can't!

My instructor has done the same for people in the past but was confident id pass. I havent picked up any bad habits so everyone (except the tester) was of the opinion that id be grand.

Im not one of those people who think im great when im not. im comfortable in my abilities but not cocky. I didnt go out yesterday with the opinion that id sail through it. I went out with confidence and nerves, drove safely and trusted in myself and came back with ridiculous faults that i very much doubt i really made.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

squishy I wasn't passing judgment on your driving abilities - sorry if it read that way. I was simply saying that it's worse to say to someone that you think they're ready when they're not just to boost their confidence because failing (even if you go into a test 100% sure that you're going to fail) is not going to do anyone's confidence any good.

daiixi wrote: »
    squishy I wasn't passing judgment on your driving abilities - sorry if it read that way. I was simply saying that it's worse to say to someone that you think they're ready when they're not just to boost their confidence because failing (even if you go into a test 100% sure that you're going to fail) is not going to do anyone's confidence any good.

God no Daiixi i wasnt taking offense. I totally agree with what you are saying. my first instructor was only in the job for the money (or so it felt to me) and did everything in his power to crush my confidence and make me take more lessons. Ive had more lessons than id care to admit at this stage as a result! lol

Current instructor is the total opposite. I know he'd have told me i wasnt ready for the test if i wasnt but he genuinly seemed shocked when i called him to say if failed.

Sorry if you felt i was defensive...i prob am a little because im still totally gutted that i failed. Dont even understand what some of the faults mean or could have been because ive never done them before.

*note to self- post fault catagories in the hope boardsies will explain!*

Advertisement