Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 burnt out cars in less than 3 months: D14

Options
  • 20-02-2008 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

Hi All,

There have been 3 burnt out cars in my area (D14) in less than 3 months.

It's a mature area of 1950's+ terraced housing with a decent community.

How could you find out who is behind these acts?
    Any ideas or tips for prevention?

One car was burnt out at the end of a joyride - which could happen anywhere.
    The other 2 incidents seem to be direct attacks where the fuel cap has been removed to ignite the car.

What could our community do to be more vigilant / aware?

There is a park that has regular high numbers of late night underage drinkers.
    Could they be the offenders or is there a more sinister source (e.g. drug-related feud?)
    Would pressuring council / gards to patrol and secure the park area from this drink culture be helpful?
    What can a community neighbourhood watch scheme do? There is one in place - but I have not heard from them at this point.

Any advice / discussion appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

Where in D14 is it- can think of one particular area in D14 that I would not be surprised at this happening!

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Howitzer

Near Loreto Park. Is it the area you were thinking of?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

To be honest, there and holylands are the only areas in D14 that I could picture this happening in. Truth be told there's just a lot of rough kids around Nutgrove.

Advertisement