Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid for broadband connection but received no service or refund

Options
  • 20-02-2008 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Has anyone had any experiences with ordering a broadband service on the internet, paying for it and then receiving no service OR refund. I ordered satelite broadband last January, paid €327.50 on my credit card which included one months subscription. A guy came out but was unable to install it as he wasn't getting a receiption on his router. Around last August, I was told that they were getting in a new two way system and was promised it within in a month. I was also charged for 7 months subscriptions on my credit card even though I had received NO SERVICE. After the month had passed, I was told the same yarn again. At this stage I told him I no longer wanted a connection but to issue me with a full refund of all payment to date. He told me it would take ten days. I rang him again ten days later and was told the same story. I told him I would follow up via my solicitor if I did not receive a refund within two weeks. Some credits were made to my credit card but I am still owed nearly €500.

I contacted Comreg at the end of November. Every time I phone them, they tell me they are escalating the issue and they will talk to their supervisors with no results. I have also proceeded with a small court claim via the internet. I gave the address of the company from Company's records but the letter came back to the Court "not called for". I have now given the court the directors personal address. If this is not delivered, I don't know what other course of action I can take - it is hardly worth while going to a solicitor for €500 if you take the solicitors fees out of it and if he can't contact them. I could contact the Director of Corporate Enforcement as it appears the company is now directing their business to another company they have set up and to me, this appears to be fraudulent trading i.e taking money and not providing a service. I could also report them to revenue. Any other suggestions??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You can contact your card provider and they can reverse the charges (a chargeback). This would be the simplest method. Also, get them to make sure no future charges are honored.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭robbie checker

I tried that but the credit card company were only able to charge back one month. They were able to cancel any payments in the future but could not charge back the other months charged on the card.

Advertisement