Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone ever get anything from the Dabs Value Range?

Options
  • 20-02-2008 3:00pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I was looking at this and it seems like a great deal in fairness, but naturally, I'm curious if anyone's bought that stuff before. I think I read somewhere that it tends to be stuff they've a lot of stock of rather than any specific re-badged brand.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

With regards to cases and power supplies it can be hit and miss. Not just one supplier either, can be a mixture between the likes of Atrix, Q-Tec, etc. Wouldn't bank on it being decent, a lot of reports of Dabs Value power supplies (individually and within case bundles) failing after several months, even with light use.

The monitors are pretty good though, their 20" LCD at 137 euro is exceptional value - it's digimate and actually got decent reviews, so the fears of it becoming some obscure, rubbish brand are fairly unfounded.

Their value video cards for Ati and Nvidia are usually Austek and inno3d respectively...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

The monitors are pretty good though, their 20" LCD at 137 euro is exceptional value - it's digimate and actually got decent reviews, so the fears of it becoming some obscure, rubbish brand are fairly unfounded.
    Link to that LCD please?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Class! That is good value. Exactly what I was looking for :D
    Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭savemejebus

I know an office that got 4 of those LCDs. One was DOA while the other three all have weird flickering pixels at the top of the screen. Also VGA only so you are kinda limited input wise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭toco123

That case is a rip off of a Aplus Blockbuster BAW. Im pretty sure the blockbuster can be found for less as well and takes ATX PSUs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

that monitor is great. bought a few a while back and cant complain at all. quick read times and they look the part. as for flickering, aint seen any yet!

bad point as savemejebus said is your limited to vga only.

Advertisement