Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to renting a shop?

Options
  • 20-02-2008 3:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

:confused: Hello All,

I am starting a retail business and after many calls to estate agents they all take it for granted that you know all the processes. I have heard a few terms “under discussion” & “gone to offer” (assume they have the literal) My question is, I am going to view a perfect premises on Friday that another company has made an offer to rent under the asking price so they has agreed to see me. If I like it do I engage a solicitor immediately, is there away to put it under offer immediately, and in general how long does the contract negotiation phase last…is there any pointers in key questions that I need to ask?? I really don’t want to seem like a novice so any help would be great…

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Business leases can be very complex and there is terms you should know,

FRI-->A full repairing and insuring lease. A lease where the costs of all repairs and insurance are borne by the tenant notwithstanding that:The insurance costs would be recovered by an insurance rent and the costs of repairs to common parts would be recovered through a service charge.

Upwardly Rent Reviews 5 years

4 years 9 Months v 20 years

stamp duty on the lease

There is alot to know and avoid the pitfalls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Granty2007

Thanks for the Info - great start - will read up on as much as i can and engage a good solicitor

Advertisement