Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gun oil

• 20-02-2008 3:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭

just a quickie, is it okay to use real gun oil on a airsoft gun:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭sci-ops

c-90 wrote: »
    just a quickie, is it okay to use real gun oil on a airsoft gun:confused:

I'm sure one the other guys will be able to answer this better, but I wouldn't. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that oils, other than silicone oil, would basically have a bad effect on the ABS "plastic" of your AEG.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Not sure why you would want to? Cheap normal oil/WD40 and Silicone spray is fine of most bits and then you would want spefcic gear grease for the gearbox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Rew wrote: »
    Cheap normal oil/WD40 and Silicone spray is fine of most bits and then you would want spefcic gear grease for the gearbox.

Airsoft guns have a lot of rubber seals and such, rings, hop up rubber, etc etc, WD40 aint good for those as it eats into them and destroys them over time. Just use silicon spray, does the job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭c-90

thanks, just wondering because i have loads and thought that i might be able to save some dosh:D but i have loads of wd 40 in the shed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

but i have loads of wd 40 in the shed

Leave it in the shed! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

thanks, just wondering because i have loads and thought that i might be able to save some dosh:D but i have loads of wd 40 in the shed

As Croppy said AVOID WD40! It will Destroy your kit. Stick with silicone only lubricants. Anything with petroleum ingredients, avoid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭c-90

:eek::eek::eek: i left after my last post and didnt see croppyboys comment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

:eek::eek::eek: i left after my last post and didnt see croppyboys comment

Ohh ohh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Not good!

Advertisement