Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ryan Giggs

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    I think its fair to say you got this one spectacularly wrong to be fair. Nearly a year later, player of the year title under his belt, an 11th league medal and playing some brilliant stuff this season, one of our most influential players.

Giggs = Legend

not deserved though. he wasnt the best player last season was he? alot of people say that he deserved it because he was always a great player. yes he was always a great player but he was never the best player in any particular year. and he is the most influential player for united because they have no influential players anymore. of course rooney is class but besides him who in the united team would make it into the barcelona or real madrid team??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,466 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Paulegend wrote: »
    not deserved though. he wasnt the best player last season was he? alot of people say that he deserved it because he was always a great player. yes he was always a great player but he was never the best player in any particular year. and he is the most influential player for united because they have no influential players anymore. of course rooney is class but besides him who in the united team would make it into the barcelona or real madrid team??

I'd take van der sar over Valdes, I'd take Rio and Vidic over Puyol and Pique. Evra is an easy choice at LB for Barcelona too.

Casilas would be my choice over van der Sar but I'd take the rest mentioned over the Madrid back line too.

EDIT: Also, who the hell are you to say he didn't deserve the Player's Player of the Year award - the players felt he did, so that means he DID deserve it. Fact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

of course rooney is class but besides him who in the united team would make it into the barcelona or real madrid team??

Vidic, Rio and Evra just to name 3.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

such bollocks, not deserved my hole. The award is voted on by the players, who i can safely say have a far better idea on who deserves the award that you do. So forgive me for choosing to believe them over your esteemed take on things. And as for the rest of that statement :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Do you know what a football is?

and im the one talking bollocks????

number one giggs was nowhere near the best player in the league last year.......... FACT

the players voted on sentiment alone. he was always the little engine that couldnt and to be fair everyone thought it was his last season.

vidic has been RUBISH since torres embarrased him last season

rio has lost his pace and his touch. he is merly a has been. wont even make the england first 11 for the world cup.................. FACT

evra granted is a good player but better than marcelo or abidal??????? talking out your arse mate

Ramos
    Abiol
    Alves
    Puyol
    Pepe
    and even Pique(who united are trying to get back)
    all better than any of uniteds back four

valdes and casials
    alot better than van der sar

messi
    kaka
    Xavi
    Diarra(both)
    iniesta
    van der vaart
    all better than untieds midfield

henry
    benzema
    Ibrahimovic
    all better than owen and berbatov and of course the very very over rated macehda

as i said rooney belongs in the big list above but even at that...........................

who do you really think from the united team could cement a place in either madrid or barce

and im the one talking bollocks...............................:rolleyes: take off the manc tinted glasses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

evra granted is a good player but better than marcelo or abidal??????? talking out your arse mate

Dear God you certainly are a legend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Boggles wrote: »
    Dear God you certainly are a legend.
    I think he's actually calling himself an "egend". Unless his name is Pau.

Pighead wrote: »
    I think he's actually calling himself an "egend". Unless his name is Pau.

my name is Pau:D

screw you guys im going home

whats wrong guys???????????? how come all uniited fans are like this. you prove their soccer "intelligence" to be flawed so they resort the childish slaggings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

and im the one talking bollocks...............................:rolleyes: take off the manc tinted glasses

Have you ever watched football?

Totally OT but you have no clue what you are on about.

Why not start a thread asking the very question of Utd players in the Barca/Real teams and see what the response is.

This is a giggsy thread anyway.

• Advertisement

p_larkin99 wrote: »
    Have you ever watched football?

Totally OT but you have no clue what you are on about.

Why not start a thread asking the very question of Utd players in the Barca/Real teams and see what the response is.

This is a giggsy thread anyway.

good one:rolleyes:

but yes this is a thread about giggs but i was just saying giggs never deserved player of the year

my name is Pau:D

screw you guys im going home

whats wrong guys???????????? how come all uniited fans are like this. you prove their soccer "intelligence" to be flawed so they resort the childish slaggings

you rate abidal and marcelo over Evra. You've no legs to stand on imo. Evra is the best LB in football right now.

you rate abidal and marcelo over Evra. You've no legs to stand on imo. Evra is the best LB in football right now.

Cashley runs him very close imo. Very hard to split the 2

i cant believe what i am reading here. i mean are you for real or you just trying to wind me up:rolleyes: o you rascal you

ok united guys ill give ye evra or marcelo and abidal. best in the world though............................................ i wont respond to a stupid comment like that

good one:rolleyes:

In relation to what? honestly start the thread

i cant believe what i am reading here. i mean are you for real or you just trying to wind me up:rolleyes: o you rascal you

ok united guys ill give ye evra or marcelo and abidal. best in the world though............................................ i wont respond to a stupid comment like that

go on, who is better than him? Ashley Cole maybe (i'd vote Evra) but who else is as good?

• Advertisement

actually i changed my mind no way is evra better.

best left backs are

Lahm
    Abidal
    Zambrotta(old but still pretty good at reading the game)
    and in the premiership its gotta be cole

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Best left back in the world is Ashley Cole. :)

best left backs are

Lahm
    Abidal

Ha ha ha.

Was going to respond to this ****e but it needs to get back OT

RYAN GIGGS = LEGEND.

Loads of us got it wrong and thought he was done. The man has changed the way he plays and has done it brilliantly. Great Pro as well.

best left backs are

Lahm
    Abidal

Nope.
    Certainly not.
    Failed at Barcelona and was replaced by the average Abidal. Was excellent prior to signing for Barcelona but has been poor since. Doesn't start for Italy either (Grosso starts and isn't as good defensively as Evra)
    Cole is looking back to his best this season, but Evra has it over him for the last 2 and a half seasons overall.

Nope.
    Certainly not.
    Failed at Barcelona and was replaced by the average Abidal. Was excellent prior to signing for Barcelona but has been poor since. Doesn't start for Italy either (Grosso starts and isn't as good defensively as Evra)
    Cole is looking back to his best this season, but Evra has it over him for the last 2 and a half seasons overall.

just started a thread because i do like giggs and dont want to ruin this thread. but abidal is excellent defensivly was poor when he came to barce was excellent in france but he has learned alot since coming to barce. he has pace like evra but i think evra gets caught too often for my liking. really interesting that this is the only player i was called on though:D so yes i must be a legend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Marcelo, seriously :D The guy is a walking liability :)

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Marcelo, seriously :D The guy is a walking liability :)

yea i think he has a great crossing ability. maybe yes thats more of a winger role but i do think full backs need to be good on the wing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5780018,00.html

Looks like Giggs will have another year at United:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Marcelo isn't played at LB by Madrid anymore, he is a LW. Pellegrini and Juande Ramos realised he was too much of a liability to be played as an out and out LB consistently. Abidal has been fantastic this season, everyone seems to have made their minds up on him after a disastrous 12 month spell, but he was class before that, and has been class since. Evra is a very very good LB, not as good as Cole, and nowhere near as good as he was from 2006-2008 when he was undoubtedly the best LB in the world.

That's completely OT though. Ryan Giggs is a legend, but I still think in no way shape or form did he deserve that award last year. The players voted for him because he improved his game compared to previous years (which is barely that much of a compliment considering he was absolute cack before last season). It'll be interesting to see will he win it this year, as he's been fantastic, and would actually be a genuine deserved contender, if he doesn't it would only really confound how silly his win was last year. Unreal player though, model pro, nearly comparable to the legend that is Maldini!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

Johner wrote: »
    Best left back in the world is Ashley Cole. :)

Agreed 100%, he's superb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Agreed 100%, he's superb.

Patrice Evra lads , Coles good but Evra is better all around IMO.

noble peace prize winner 2010

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

and im the one talking bollocks????

number one giggs was nowhere near the best player in the league last year.......... FACT

the players voted on sentiment alone. he was always the little engine that couldnt and to be fair everyone thought it was his last season.

vidic has been RUBISH since torres embarrased him last season

rio has lost his pace and his touch. he is merly a has been. wont even make the england first 11 for the world cup.................. FACT

Ramos
    Abiol
    Alves
    Puyol
    Pepe
    and even Pique(who united are trying to get back)
    all better than any of uniteds back four

valdes and casials
    alot better than van der sar

messi
    kaka
    Xavi
    Diarra(both)
    iniesta
    van der vaart
    all better than untieds midfield

henry
    benzema
    Ibrahimovic
    all better than owen and berbatov and of course the very very over rated macehda

as i said rooney belongs in the big list above but even at that...........................

who do you really think from the united team could cement a place in either madrid or barce

Bollocks, the players voted on sentiment alone, why? did you ask them?. Giggs had an outstanding season and it may have been reconised by the players that it is more difficult to play out of your skin when your that little bit older but he did and still does every game for United.

Ramos - Great defender
    Abiol - Overated
    Alves - Overated
    Puyol - Great defender
    Pepe - Don't rate him at all

Granted their midfield is very talented , but do they really play so well as a unit?I've seen them this season and alot of the games they just aren't clicking, they win on pure individual class and bottle it when the pressure is really on as a TEAM, they are not as good as united. How much have Madrid spend aswell? Kaka, Ronaldo , Alonso , Benzema , Ibrahimovic all big money signings totaling +200 million. So of course they are going to be good, they buy a new team every few years , take them players away and re-evaluate how good they would be.

United don't spend big in recent years , they look for talent and buy smart and are very good at it. They build a team that grow up together as a youth team and into the first team and thats why they have been so succesfull over the years and will be in years to come even though the team is changing at the min.

Giggs - Free
    Scholes - Free
    Beckham - Free(Sold 25 million)
    Butt - Free
    Neville - Free
    Ronaldo - 12 Million, sold 80 (TO MADRID)
    Cantona 1 Million
    Park ji sung 6 mill
    Carrick 20 mill
    Fletcher - 2 million
    Valencia (15 million approx)

Nothing on what Madrid spend and younsters like Wellbeck, Macheda , Tosic , Obertan (3 million) all look very promising, so who is really the smarter team?I'd have utd any day and they aren't even funded by the government like madrid are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Nunu wrote: »
    Michael Brown
    I think most would love to chase that boyo down and give him a little reminder tbh

Advertisement