Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bingo lol...your worst date?

• 20-02-2008 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭

Following on from a thread yesterday which mentioned going to bingo(lol) on a date.
    What was your worst date?
    Mine was being dragged to a movie that was crap really bloody crap,not bad i know. But i made it worse by getting up to go to the jacks and leaving,bad i know but i am only human.

Annaconda was the movie.
    If the girl in question is reading this i am sorry but your taste in movies sucks:p

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

Im probably on a few ladies lists of worst dates, one I remember was a cinema date where I fell asleep which isn't that bad but I fell asleep on the guy next to me's shoulder and not my dates and then proceeded to snore worse still is the girl wanted to see me again

O the bingo will not be forgotten!

Mmm I went on one recently with a girl I used to work with. We went out to the pub and she told me she didn't drink. I was like (Ahh well thats a good thing too I suppose). So we got talking and she started to talk about Christianity in great details. This girl was unreal and actually was really flirty back when I knew her so I thought she'd be up for mad nights out etc. OH NO, she was one of those really really religious people. She even told me she'd never have sex before marraige. Hey I know this was strict in the past etc but dont go telling that to someone you dont know that well. What a wierdo! I ended up drinking four beers while she had her apple juice and I escaped. Worst night with a girl ever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Donegal Lass

went on -the one and only-date and he bored me to tears. He talked all night about himself and his job and how great he was! I quickly made my excuses about how i had to get up for work early in the morning and left and headed straight to a club where i met up with some mates.

Quite a few drinks and hooking up with a hottie later, I was in my element. :D At hometime, armed with my new man, I bumped into my "date" at the door on the way out! He was not impressed and funnily enough never did call again! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Peared

Am I the only one that thinks the bingo thing might have been a good idea? I like bingo.*

* I am not old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

If the girl in question is reading this i am sorry but your taste in movies sucks:p
    Oh you poor naive fool.

If the first date is a movie, it's supposed to be a bad movie. That way you don't spend €10 to go and not watch a good movie.

• Advertisement

Peared wrote: »
    Am I the only one that thinks the bingo thing might have been a good idea? I like bingo.*

* I am not old.

I too thought bingo was an original idea and had other reasons for liking it:D and Im not old, well I dont think im old

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭sidneykidney

Yes,but this was not a first date,so she just had crap taste in movies*

*waits for and bad taste in guys replys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Rob_l wrote:
    I too thought bingo was an original idea and had other reasons for liking it and Im not old, well I dont think im old
    I thought it was good too. It's so unusual that you're bound to have a laugh. Plus, it'll get her used to seeing balls and might give her ideas (but hopefully none that involve cutting off your nuts, writing numbers on them and spinning them in a tombola!).

went on -the one and only-date and he bored me to tears. He talked all night about himself and his job and how great he was! I quickly made my excuses about how i had to get up for work early in the morning and left and headed straight to a club where i met up with some mates.

Quite a few drinks and hooking up with a hottie later, I was in my element. :D At hometime, armed with my new man, I bumped into my "date" at the door on the way out! He was not impressed and funnily enough never did call again! :confused:

Messer ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

:rolleyes:
    He had a lucky escape

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭jezza

Haha my current boyfriend is a bit wild to say the least. Our "1st date" consisted of getting absolutely trashed. On way out of club, there was this really cute cop and i went over to talk to him. Liam got into the cops face and started shouting him ect. Yeah- not a good idea. He was arrested. Next day, he asked me out again. (November) and we're still together. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Sounds like a classy guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭jezza

Ah hes a dote so he is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

"....and den, we walked back to the dogfood factory and made tendor love.":)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

jezza wrote: »
    my current boyfriend is a bit wild to say the least. ....Liam got into the cops face and started shouting him ect. Yeah- not a good idea. He was arrested.

"Wild"

Obviously the term "wild" has taking on a different meaning since the wild men of old...Richard Harris, Oliver Reed, Peter O'Toole, Jim Morrison, Michael Hutchence, etc.

Now it means moronic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Went for a meal with a girl once, had a panic attack and she had to drive me home.
    It was our last date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Sorry Terry, but I really laughed out loud at that.

P.S. Panic attacks are no laughing matter. Its the way Terry tells em..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

It's cool.
    Sometimes deadpan works on the internet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Rob_l wrote: »
    Im probably on a few ladies lists of worst dates, one I remember was a cinema date where I fell asleep which isn't that bad but I fell asleep on the guy next to me's shoulder and not my dates and then proceeded to snore worse still is the girl wanted to see me again

God bless the girls with low self esteem and no standards.
    "....and den, we walked back to the dogfood factory and made tendor love."

Ha! Is that from something?

Can someone link to the bingo story please? Wouldn't mind having a gander at it.

Earthhorse wrote: »
    Is that from something?

Just the chips and vomit brigade, every Saturday night on a high street near you. You'll hear them before you see them.

• Advertisement

Eh, was that post made using Bingo lingo 'cos I don't understand it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

Sounds like a classy guy.
    Girls love the bad boys ;) you should try it :cool: i know my bitch does, and i mean bitch in a good way :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭sidneykidney

Just the chips and vomit brigade, every Saturday night on a high street near you. You'll hear them before you see them.

Makes more sense now!
    This is the one i hope it works.

Thanks.

Ah yes, trimmed too much of the quote...

IanCurtis wrote: »
    :rolleyes:
    He had a lucky escape

:rolleyes: if I had been a guy you would have called me a legend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

Went to the cimema on my first date with the guy in question. As the film started, he struck up a conversation with me. He asked me what my favourite film was and I said I didn't know then I remained quiet because the film was on and I wanted him to stop talking over it. After a few minutes he was like "Are you ok? You're very quiet." So I just said "Yeah, I'm watching a fcuking film!"

*sigh*

Very strange guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭ronano

i thought the bingo date was great! it's something different,it's all about how you play it though.

this didnt happen to me, but it was a friend of mine that I lived with in Galway!

She hooked up with a guy one night she was drunk and gave him her number. About 3 months later he calls and asks her on a date. She politely accepts and is quite excited as she really liked him the night that they met. There was one problem. she couldn't remember what he looked like! We had a good ol laugh at this and teased her about how she's not going to know him etc!

So, anyways, its all arranged that they meet at the cinema and go for a drink or two after. Her plan was to get there early and bank on the fact that he'd recognise her. She told him she's be sitting at the seats beside the toilets and would wait for him there. We all sit at home with a bottle of wine and a dvd waiting for her return from the date.

Off she trots to the cinema nervous as you like but soon calms down when she gets there and takes her seat to wait for him. Soon after she sees this guy hovering around the toilets and after a while she goes up to him and says "Tom?". He looks round at her and says "yes?". So at this stage she's happy with what she sees and begins to relax. She's all "how are you? great to see you again, what are we going to see?"

Next thing she knows a girl walks out of the toilets, links arms with this fella, gives my mate a funny look and walks off arm in arm with her man!

It was the wrong "Tom".

At this stage my mate is dying of mortification and ready to go home when the real Tom appears. they go into the film and sit down. thing is, my mate HATES anyone making noise/talking/breathing during the cinema. What does Tom do only start talking endlessly about what he does/how long he's been in Galway etc. She's truely ticked off and asks him to be quiet. This clearly pisses him off and he ups and leaves her to watch the rest of the film!

We had suuch a laugh when she got home she never has gone on a date since!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

This clearly pisses him off and he ups and leaves her to watch the rest of the film! :D

We had suuch a laugh when she got home :D she never has gone on a date since! :D

I think you have qualified for the 'overuse of the green smiley club'.

Although what are the chances of just going up to a stranger and getting their name right...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Beetlebum

ibh wrote: »
    I think you have qualified for the 'overuse of the green smiley club'.

Although what are the chances of just going up to a stranger and getting their name right...

Agreed, how irratating...also putting rofl at the start of your post, it wasn't even funny...God, that grinds my gears..

God bless the girls with low self esteem and no standards.

Indeed!

Or maybe perhaps despite my few obvious faults Im quite the catch

Beetlebum wrote: »
    Agreed, how irratating...also putting rofl at the start of your post, it wasn't even funny...God, that grinds my gears..

for your benefit, il delete the rofl at the start of my post and all the smilies too. would you like me to replace them with 3 full stops in between my sentences instead of 1?

Heaven forbid id grind your gears again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭!_Brian_!

I never understood the going to the cinema for a first date thing. Whats the point like? Arent ye supposed to be going to get to know each other and see if ye get on? Have a chat like? I can see where yer mate might of got pissed off at yer man talking thru the film but I can see where yer man might of got pissed off going on a date with someone and not actually talking to them for the first two hours ...... I wouldnt do the cinema for a first date myself.

for your benefit, il delete the rofl at the start of my post and all the smilies too. would you like me to replace them with 3 full stops in between my sentences instead of 1?

Heaven forbid id grind your gears again!

Ah sure I thought it was funny missy. Saying hi to the wrong Tom, Jaysus thats some bad luck.

Some right dry people on here worrying about ''grinding their gears''. Join the Bingo club FFS ! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:DAhem :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Ha! Is that from something?

From the tendor loins of my fruitful imagination.;)

Rob_l wrote: »
    Or maybe perhaps despite my few obvious faults Im quite the catch

Yeah...sure...that's what I meant to say.
    From the tendor loins of my fruitful imagination.;)

You, sir, are a poet.

Advertisement