Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which cordless phone?

Options
  • 20-02-2008 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭

Right, my Philips cordless has all but given up the ghost on me. The battery only lasts about 20 minutes now and it's time I replaced! I'm looking for a semi-decent one, possibly with colour display, good battery life and good sound quality in around the €60 mark. I've been looking on eBay but there are tonnes of them. Can anyone recommend one please on current experiences?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Check out the cordless phones on the Eircom website, they sell them in Power City and Dunnes Stores and they take 3 x AAA batteries so you can buy a new set of rechargables when the original set wears out, much better than proprietary batteries which are very expensive to replace.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Generally, I think the likes of Siemens, Panasonic or indeed Eircom branded phones (many seem to be Sagem now) are pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭hitbit

Go for the Siemens manufactured Eircom model. Have them for years, 5012 model, Never had a single problem, have never had to change the batteries, very clear reception, great texting feature and very handy for making internal calls. Reception remains excellent when used outdoors, no interference.

hitbit:)

Advertisement