Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mary Harney and The Fat

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭2Scoops

Dragan wrote: »
    Eh, someones own physical condition has **** all to do with the role.

She is paid and employed to run the Health Services. Not be healthy.

The reason they are in a tatters is because Mary is a **** Minister. Not because she is in poor health.

QFT - with the addendum that it's not just because she's no good at her job - lots of other contributing factors. Her weight problem not being one of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

cheekita wrote: »
    dat woman is a walkin advertisement 4 evey health problem imaginable 2 man-i mean diabetes, heart failure, osteoporosis, kidney failure, thyroid problems, etc. i dont tink d woman is a good advertisement 4 health n dis country nd i tink shes doin a **** job wit d health service as it is. i mean wat kind of an eejit moves all our cancer centres to wher d big cities r?my gran has cancer, it wont b easier 4 her 2 get 2 a city or wherever she puts dese centres. she really sickens me, cuttin budgets of hospitals wen dey cant afford 2 b cut. havin less nursin staff dan shes supposed 2 on a shift-nd who suffers?sure d nurses do but wat bout d patients?its enough 2 make u sick
    um, what?

R u usn brds frm ur fone r sumtin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

cheekita wrote: »
    dat woman is a walkin advertisement 4 evey health problem imaginable 2 man-i mean diabetes, heart failure, osteoporosis, kidney failure, thyroid problems, etc. i dont tink d woman is a good advertisement 4 health n dis country nd i tink shes doin a **** job wit d health service as it is. i mean wat kind of an eejit moves all our cancer centres to wher d big cities r?my gran has cancer, it wont b easier 4 her 2 get 2 a city or wherever she puts dese centres. she really sickens me, cuttin budgets of hospitals wen dey cant afford 2 b cut. havin less nursin staff dan shes supposed 2 on a shift-nd who suffers?sure d nurses do but wat bout d patients?its enough 2 make u sick

Is Harney eating the keys off your keyboard, starting with the vowels?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Well she managed to beat anorexia!

Also, the Minister for Defence should be in the army
    and the Minister for Foreign Arrairs should be foreign

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Dudess wrote: »
    My mum's a nurse and thinks she's a very good health minister - a lot better than e.g. Cowan.

It's as if she turned a decent health service into a crap one. Wasn't the health service in sh1t before she arrived on board?

Meh, for reasons beyond my understanding I have a fair few nurses in my family.
    They hate HArney like poison.

One heard Harney's spokesperson on the radio and seethed "that woman spends more money on her PR than the health"
    Exageration I know but some good could be done with all Harney's PR money.

I think that like in 1984, we should all have to rise at 5 am and do stretches and workouts to the TV screen with Mary Harney putting us through our paces. THe idea of her huffing and puffing on the tv screen makes me happy:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

The health service is a poison chalice
    True. Another fine example of FF landing it's 'partners' in the s***.
    ....the top 10 businessmen in the world could not sort it out...
    Not so sure about this. I'd imagine most of those businessmen would have no problem putting a rocket up any unions who are hurting their businesses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Lockstep

True. Another fine example of FF landing it's 'partners' in the s***.

Didn't MAry Harney choose to take the Health Service?

AFAIK she chooses the Health Service as free markets are a central aspect of the PD rhetoric. Health Service is their place to start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭mc23

I was watching Bertie give a speech in the Dail on last nights news and it looked like Jabba the hut from star wars sitting next to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

I remember years ago when we had an actual MD as Minister for Health, Dr, John O'Connell. That'd be a good thing, wouldn't it? You'd nearly think so. He was interviewed on the News one night and questioned about patients being on trolleys in corridors and his response was "There's nothing wrong with patients on trolleys, sure aren't trolleys just beds with wheels". I suspect he never spent any time on a trolley himself.

Big Mary might be well-upholstered but at least she is not a total hypocrite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Papillon87

humberklog wrote: »
    Indeed it's not just management. The irish nurses are stuck in time warp of systems of best practice,ward sisters are inept (neary case makes point here)and cleaning staff are cruelly beligerant.

What a gross generalisation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

Papillon87 wrote: »
    What a gross generalisation.

so true..

Almost as misguided as this guy....
    The health service is in tatters beacuse of lazy overpaid nurses, doctors, managers, physios, pharmacists, administrators and pretty everyone else involved - none of whom will budge an inch on change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

Is Harney eating the keys off your keyboard, starting with the vowels?

Aw brilliant........ :D

Advertisement