Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reccommend me a Clock/Heartmonitor ..

Options
  • 20-02-2008 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭

Right Guys and Gals,

I'm using the cateye CC-HR200DW at the moment ..I find it an annoying bit of kit - one of the heart thingies keeps popping off the elastic strap, and you don't find out till your out on the ride, I'd also like something that I can download data from. It's a bit clumsy function wise, I'm having difficulty resetting it after a ride, but the avg speed doesn't reset..

So any suggestions welcome ..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

get the new forerunner
    https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=142&pID=11039

I have the 305 and it's class

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

Raam wrote: »
    get the new forerunner
    https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=142&pID=11039

I have the 305 and it's class

I'll second the 305 but you are really paying for the gps. So if you don't want that feature, it's probably better to look at the Polar range.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Diarmuid wrote: »
    I'll second the 305 but you are really paying for the gps. So if you don't want that feature, it's probably better to look at the Polar range.

I've the Polar CS100. It's great, always works and totally wireless. Doesn't allow for a PC connection though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

I have the Polar S625X - the ability to upload data to the computer was a draw.
    The S725X is pretty much the same watch, but comes with a bike speed sensor instead of a foot pod (that measures running speed/distance).

You could check out the Polar site to see what it recommends for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭ba

i have the polar CS200 CAD. Its great for the money - €170ish. it measures cadence, speed, heart rate, distance, and all the usuals. then after a ride it provides all the averages (which i take note of for future reference). btw its all wireless and it saves your last 7 rides in its memory, which is well handy.

but if money were no issue - the CycleOps Power Tap with Shimano Dure-ace wheelset. Power, wattage, computer friendly, the works.

• Advertisement

The new 405 has a wireless link-up to your PC, which is quite neat. The 305 uses a USB port. With the 405 you just turn on the PC and watch and they sync, cool, huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭ba

The new 405 has a wireless link-up to your PC, which is quite neat. The 305 uses a USB port. With the 405 you just turn on the PC and watch and they sync, cool, huh?

does the 405 measure cadence?

It does, but you need to get a cadence meter.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

ba wrote: »
    does the 405 measure cadence?
    They can if you buy the sensor separate.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

but if money were no issue - the CycleOps Power Tap with Shimano Dure-ace wheelset. Power, wattage, computer friendly, the works.

SRMs over PowerTap any day. That way you can have training wheels, racing wheels, and a disc all with power.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

i have the polar CS200 CAD. Its great for the money - €170ish. it measures cadence, speed, heart rate, distance, and all the usuals. then after a ride it provides all the averages (which i take note of for future reference). btw its all wireless and it saves your last 7 rides in its memory, which is well handy.

i have the polar cs200 cad, i find it great i paid €100 for mine during a sale on pro bike kit.

http://www.probikekit.com/display.php?code=o2070

that price doesnt include vat, so works out about €122 alogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

Nice but the gps requires regular charging which requires plugging it in anyways (and it charges from the usb) so for me it's a bit pointless.

Diarmuid wrote: »
    Nice but the gps requires regular charging which requires plugging it in anyways (and it charges from the usb) so for me it's a bit pointless.

Agreed

Advertisement