Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

cant insure without tax

Options
  • 20-02-2008 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭

i just sold my car to my sister.
    she contacted her insurance company to transfer the insurance and was told she cant because the tax is expired - i have never been asked if a car i was transferring insurance either temporary or permanently was taxed. i mean what does it have to do with the insurance company if its taxed or not.
    she is insured with http://www.sertus.ie/motor.htm.

has anyone else sound this with sertus or any other company.

who the hell are sertus anyway - its the first iv ever heard of them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

It's buy, insure, tax.
    Strange

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I've never heard of that. Are you sure your sister isn't getting mixed up with the fact that you can't tax the car without insurance?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Anan1 wrote: »
    I've never heard of that. Are you sure your sister isn't getting mixed up with the fact that you can't tax the car without insurance?

+1

Makes more sence. I don't think insurance companies have access to the motor tax database anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Chicken+egg. You can't tax without insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭I.S.T.

You need your car insured in order to tax it. Sounds like the insurance company got their wires crossed here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

yah i think the insurance company misinformed her or there was a misunderstanding somewhere. I told her to call again and see what happens

Advertisement