Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco / Xbox 360 Guarantee

Options
  • 20-02-2008 5:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Hi, Bought an Xbox last September, start using it at Christmas and now it's broke. Can I return to Tesco or do I have to go thru the complicated route with Microsoft directly. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

In what way is it broken? If it's the red ring of death, then I think you have to go back through Microsoft. If it's stopped working in some other way, then go back to the point of sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

30ferry wrote: »
    Hi, Bought an Xbox last September, start using it at Christmas and now it's broke. Can I return to Tesco or do I have to go thru the complicated route with Microsoft directly. Thanks in advance.

Well since it is a few months old,it will be sent off for repair most likely. You can bring it back to Tesco and they can sort out the repair but Microsoft always want to deal with the customer rather than the shop. I work in an Xtra-Vision and someone brought back a faulty console. We rang up,and they just asked to speak to the customer who was in the store,told him to box it and they would collect it from his house. He might as well have just called them himself instead of bringing it down to the store.

Advertisement