Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holidays 2008

Options
  • 20-02-2008 5:49pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭

In order to save a few €€€ this summer I said to myself..."Why don't I take the wife and live with a "Boardsie Abroad" for a week or so. Maybe someone who has a spare bedroom and wouldn't mind a bit of company for a few days.

Any takers ? Ruu? :p

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Interesting idea! I know one boardsie offered me a room for last summer in a time of desparation, but I never needed to take him up on it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Nice to know that the idea doesn't sound as weird as that.

I was looking into house-swapping as while I have a rather small 300ft 1-bedroomed place, it is in Paris right by Pere Lachaise so must be worth something, though we'd need to clean the place up a little first.

But I thought that there may be someone out there that would put us up for a bit and trust that we weren't going to murder them in their beds based on :

a) Some Celtic-type bond between Irish people
    b) We could fill in a questionnaire
    c) I'll have you banned from the Battlefield forums (yeah, not exactly the worlds largest threat :) )

Advertisement