Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New pc specks

Options
  • 20-02-2008 5:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭

I want to build a pc for a friend. They are not into games so a low powered Graphics card or on-board graphics are fine. I would like to leave the graphic option open as his son may wish to upgrade this later. I am interested in motherboard recommendation's, I would like to do some mild overclocking to keep the costs down. A good 22" monitor is a must, and Id like to keep it fairly quite. I intend to get a 550W+ powersupply and 2 gigs of RAM. He wants the machine to be fast, and will probably go with Vista. I would like to speck it from Komplett or if it is cheaper Dell. Looking at a figure of 700 to 900 euro. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭savemejebus

That monitor ain't that lovely. VGA only and I know one place that ordered 4. 1 was DOA while the others all have weird flickering pixels at the top of the screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

PC Gamer gave it a decent score, Digimate are regarded as a brand of reasonable quality. I've also read good things about it generally online in bargain alert pages. But that said I've never used one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭savemejebus

My friend's office ordered 4 and at first he thought "what a bargain" (just took the doa one as an accident) and was going to order one. then as he used it he noticed the pixel thing on the top of the screen and checked out his colleagues. All had the same thing. He updated drivers, did everything but it wouldn't go away. It could be they got a bad batch and that's unlucky for them. I just figured it was worth mentioning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Offalycool

Thanks for the link. I am not interested in anything below a 22" and to be honest, I have had bad experiences with Dabs in the past so I wont be going there. I am confused between the different types of motherboard.. when I bought mine there was only one choice, P35. There are so many variants now I don't know what to get.

• Advertisement
Advertisement