Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airplanes Capabilities

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

*Kol* wrote: »
    Privatair fly an A319 in all business config to New York from Germany.

Is this the new Lufthansa subsidiary? If not then add LH to the all J flights.

SilverJet operate B767s out of Luton I think, to JFK. Have look at their advert on youtube,its brillantly funny.

There is another but the name escapes me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Silverjet, EOS and the now defunct Maxjet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭cp251

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    I dont thing it's legality that is preventing bigger jets going into Galway, it's the capability is the aircraft. The 146's are unable to take off out of there at MTOW. Similarly with the ATR's every time they take off and and they are in the limits - captain only landings, there are times when they are unable to take off at MTOW depending on wind, density pressure and runway condition.

Indeed, Galway is tight and narrow. I often wondered how often Aer Arann cancel flights on hot, calm days for 'technical reasons'.

Stole this off PPRuNe. It's a good example of the difference between what is possible and what is sensible or legal:eek:

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=aWtdtuspnoM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

Looks very much like the AN225 taking off from SNN. It's normally only lifting off about 100m from the end of the runway. That video was a bit much tho!!:eek:

Advertisement