Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Late Night Radio

• 20-02-2008 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

What is the story with the useless djs on late night radio these days? Is Adrian Kenedy the only remaining chat show format? It's impossible to listen to his show without him and his gobsh!te lapdog making innuendos about the most stupid topic (e.g. cadbury's creem eggs, how do you eat yours....clear link into sex of course!)

Anyone know if the likes of Tom Ó Brannagáin is coming back to 98fm in the future?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 397 ✭✭Design_Dude

BBC Radio 4 isnt to bad i you can pick it up. Otherwise 104, which is pretty rubbish of late.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭A P

Newstalk have a show hosted by Declan Carty between 10-12pm Monday to Thursday. He's normally joined by a panel of guests and they discuss the major issues of the day. Sometimes boring, sometimes informative. For the sports addicts amongst us, on Thursday nights around 11.40 they discuss sports betting and horseracing in particular, usually with Paddy Power giving the odds. I usually flick between Newstalk, Adrian and occassionally the Late Debate on RTE Radio 1 if they're discussing something I'm interested in. Five Live can be decent too if you can get reception.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

talksport can be good as well, live discussion and listeners calling in through out the night,

:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

I'd go for Newstalk myself, TodayFM seem to be the only ones who continue to play music after 9pm instead of mind numbing talkshows. I have no idea who they think listend to the rubbish they put on after 12am though. Mother of God I think you'd have to be stoned to enjoy that stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Radio Mad.

BBC Radio Five Live is yer only man. Late Night Live (10pm to 1am) and Up All Night (1am - 5am) are two gems. Give them a try.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 397 ✭✭Design_Dude

can u get that on normal radio?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Newstalk is your best bet, It's a pity it ends at 12 though. I think the only people that enjoy the two retards on 104 are 13 year olds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

GDM wrote: »
    I have no idea who they think listend to the rubbish they put on after 12am though. Mother of God I think you'd have to be stoned to enjoy that stuff.

Small Hours with Donal Dineen? Unless DD is playing different stuff these days that used to be the only music-based programme I listened to on Irish radio until it got too late to bother with.

These days its BBC radio 4 or something retro rocking/ambient on internet.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Tricked

D.T. Jesus wrote: »
    Newstalk is your best bet, It's a pity it ends at 12 though. I think the only people that enjoy the two retards on 104 are 13 year olds.

Its actually incredible that they are allowed present it. You're bang on the money, I used to be a huge fan when I was around 12/13. I'm not sure if they've just got more annoying/thick or I've outgrown their...'humour'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Radio Mad.

can u get that on normal radio?

You can in Dublin (not sure about elsewhere around the county), but reception can be unpredictable. I listen at home in perfect FM stereo, thanks to NTL. My bedside radio is hooked up. I love listening to the BBC before nodding off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

Kennedy gets the listeners, simple as. As much as i hate it, it has to be said its very smartly formated. Give an hour to people to sound of about nothing in particular(taxi drivers), a couple of topics where they allow the dregs of soceity, do gooders and a few normal people to discuss a)foreigners b)northsiders versus southsiders c)weapons or vicous dogs which gets a massive response from certain sections d)joyriding and many more based around the theme of legalising magic mushrooms. Callers proceed to shout at each other calling each other 'muppets' and other things to this effect. I too found it all hilarious when I was 13 and sometimes topics can be funny now but not in anyway informative if i'm in work and its on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 aac.conroy

why do so many ppl dislike 104 at night? sum 1 explain/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I suspect you may have just answered your own question.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

mike65 wrote: »
    I suspect you may have just answered your own question.

Mike.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭berliner

Ah cum on,fm 104 is bleedin rapid.you middle class pussies havent a ****ing clue.Know hat i mean

Advertisement