Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help choosing which MP3 player to buy.

• 20-02-2008 8:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭

Hi, I'm new :)

I have 20GB creative Zen Sleek, but its very old now and well past its sell by date. Im looking to replace it but im not sure what to get?

I was looking at the iPod classic with 60gb memory. Do any of you have any experience with it? I've heard that it's sometimes quite sluggish when navigating, is this true? Also, can you navigate it like a regular ipod, ie.Music > artists > Alphabetical List, or does it only use the cover flow feature? Sorry if that osunds like a ridiculous question.
    I was also a bit weary as regards using iTunes etc. whats the deal with copyright protection, its able to transfer music that isn't ripped directly from a cd right?

I've never owned an ipod but have used my girlfriend's, but I'm a bit weary as regards buying one due to the few problems I've heard of.

Or are there any good Creative models to look at?
    Basically my specifications are that it should have 60gb memory, have a good colour screen, be able to play videos and have a good battery life.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

I was a long term anti iPod man but I bought myself an iPod Touch for Christmas and I have to say that it is truly fantastic. I wish the interface on my laptop was the same!

I too had heard that iTunes was a nightmare but I haven't had any problems whatsoever. All my music is either from ripped CDs or other sources:) and there is no problem transferring it.

I think a 32gb version is coming out soon. You'll pay more but bear in mind that it's so much more than a music player. Haven't seen a bad review yet!

EDIT: And welcome to boards.ie!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Welcome to boards.

Consider the MS Zune also, 4, 8gb [flashbased], 80gb [hdd] available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Dregon

I was looking at the iPod classic with 60gb memory. Do any of you have any experience with it? I've heard that it's sometimes quite sluggish when navigating, is this true? Also, can you navigate it like a regular ipod, ie.Music > artists > Alphabetical List, or does it only use the cover flow feature? Sorry if that osunds like a ridiculous question.
    I was also a bit weary as regards using iTunes etc. whats the deal with copyright protection, its able to transfer music that isn't ripped directly from a cd right?

I assume you mean the 80GB model? Cover flow is just an option, you can also browse the normal alphabetical way too. The iPod can be a bit sluggish at times, mostly when browsing cover flow, as it takes a while to load up all the artwork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭d93c2inhxfok4y

Thanks for the replies!
    Yeah I meant hte 80GB version sorry :)
    I've ordered it now anyway, cant wait.
    Just have to go about converting all my WMA files to MP3 so the dam player will play them :(
    Is it true that converting files reduces their quality?

Advertisement