Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How are mods chosen...

Options
  • 20-02-2008 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83,210 ✭✭✭✭

Cos I was spending a lot of time in the Leaving Cert Forum recently and its in need of more hands because of the Mocks and all that. Poor panicked childrens posting new threads left and right demanding to know whats coming up on their mocks and all that. An unsorted mess with font-wars and personal abuse afoot.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

i was very suprised that there was even a leaving cert of junior cert forum on boards. Nwever really understood why they even exist tbh. But i do know that the rule of being a mod is not to ask. But then again from what i have seen you are a very productive poster with some good points to make so you never know they might make an exception. The only time i was ever "up for mod" was shortly after i first joined board when i had a vey activity and the SG forum was made.

EDIT: dont bother making a leaving cert / junoir cert comparrison to my spelling for some reason i cant find it on firefox after my re-install and i am dying of cold/flu/headac/****s/tired so im not bothered getting spelling right, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Jesus, the Leaving Cert!:eek:I haven't a tap done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

They are normally recommended by fellow mods and then the admins decide. Then of course there is the application form, exam and then brainwashing.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I thought it was the tried and trusted Rock.Paper.Scissors with everyone on the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,210 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I was hoping for a fight to the death with Klingon Battliths :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Also you aren't showing your shiney red stars, go to User CP->Group Memberships and select Subscribers.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Ruu wrote: »
    They are normally recommended by fellow mods and then the admins decide. Then of course there is the application form, exam and then brainwashing.

Wait, not penis size? Oh god I feel so used.

I think I'm going to be sick..

Yay I have more stars :) just what I wanted

edit: aww but there ARE evil deeds happening in the LC forum... those jumper wearing bastards.. just saw a bloke post up copyrighted material :eek: wont someone please think of the server?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Sitting around poking the locals with a stick is not how you go about becoming a mod :)

Report those that you think are dodgy, kthx

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Overheal is not my dual account!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I was just thinking about the leaving cert and boards earlier. Thank god I didn't know about boards when I did my LC 6 years ago. I wouldn't have got in to college! Damn boards addictiveness.

Maybe one of the other mods could just help out as it's a busy time of year. Is there a need for another mod all year round or just at mocks/exam time?

Overheal wrote: »
    just saw a bloke post up copyrighted material :eek: wont someone please think of the server?

Bwah hah hah. I'l gladly use up the Dept. of Education's servers anyday!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I hate the leaving cert forum.

So.
    Very.
    Much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Cos I was spending a lot of time in the Leaving Cert Forum recently and its in need of more hands because of the Mocks and all that. Poor panicked childrens posting new threads left and right demanding to know whats coming up on their mocks and all that. An unsorted mess with font-wars and personal abuse afoot.

If you have an issue with a post then used the report.gif
    to report it to get the notice of the mods of that forum and of the cat mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

çrash_000 wrote: »
    I hate the leaving cert forum.

So.
    Very.
    Much.

+1 then add the junior cert forum

The JC Forum appears a lot more mature than the LC Forum :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Also you aren't showing your shiney red stars, go to User CP->Group Memberships and select Subscribers.

Wish I could, Ruu. Tomorrow will be a week since I went to the Help desk re my missing sub. I even started an ironic thread here regarding the absence of action. But still I am starred like a pleb :( I note Quality is in the same situation, and wonder are there others.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Thankfully the residents of the JC board are probably too busy getting secretly drunk in fields to be posting on boards. Like all respectable 15 year olds.

Also they subsist under an iron fist. That Piste one is just a monster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

I was hoping for a fight to the death with Klingon Battliths :(
    Yet another part of the old boards culture that's been watered down over the years :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Then of course there is the application form, exam and then brainwashing.

eh? I don't remember that.

• Advertisement

Talliesin wrote: »
    Yet another part of the old boards culture that's been watered down over the years :(

G'al Da'ach!
    Thaedydall wrote:

I did but I figured I'd pop the question anyway as the forum was a bit overrun this afternoon with random, erratic, multifonted, txt spkn threads and then the little bastard called me a cock fag and that was the end of it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Dont forget they make you walk through a group of people that hit you in the ass with bats for 10 mins.
    The idea was your ass will be so sore that you will do your modding quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

The Paddling of the Swollen Ass With Paddles is the last in a series of cruel initiation rites by the Stonecutters Mods. It is remarkably similar to Crossing the Desert, The Unblinking Eye, and The Wreck of the Hesperus: in fact, it is exactly the same. The common thread connecting all of them: they involve a blindfolded subject/victim subjected to repeated paddling on the ass with wooden paddles.
    Once the subject has passed the ordeal, he takes the final oath and officially becomes a Stonecutter Mod. Massive ingestion of alcohol Coke and playing of ping-pong hookers follow.

/Excerpts taken from the mod handbook (copyright Prentice and Hall 2008)

G'al Da'ach!

I did but I figured I'd pop the question anyway as the forum was a bit overrun this afternoon with random, erratic, multifonted, txt spkn threads and then the little bastard called me a cock fag and that was the end of it :rolleyes:

Crash & TimAy are on the case.

siren.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Sherifu wrote: »
    The Paddling of the Swollen Ass With Paddles is the last in a series of cruel initiation rites by the Stonecutters Mods.

Shhhuuuuuddduuuup!
    500pxcarlcarlsonpi9.png

Its simple really - you have to find the mod forum, its not linked so you have to get the number right. Then just post asking for the forum(s) you want to mod, and your in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Was I the only one subjected to a limbo tournament? 2 men go down, one comes up. At least, Talliesin said it was a limbo tournament...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

mods are chosen by complete randomness.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

You're lucky, they plucked me from the comfort of the southside and stuck me out in the wilds of Dublin 15 with an instruction not to p*ss the natives off if I know what's good for me. I haven't left my house in 3 years, just in case. :(

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Thaedydal wrote: »

Cats you say? In feedback? hmmm.

Advertisement