Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How are mods chosen...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

mods are chosen by complete randomness.

I've started to believe this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Overheal wrote: »
    I was hoping for a fight to the death with Klingon Battliths :(

Dont start or Kharn will show up to a 4 star hotel, in a santa suit, wielding a Battlith in one hand and carring a big sack of presents in the other!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

mods are chosen by complete randomness.

Yes it shows.

(let me get your reply in there for you so you dont waste ur time

- Do shut up) :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Its simple really - you have to find the mod forum, its not linked so you have to get the number right. Then just post asking for the forum(s) you want to mod, and your in.

I found it and put a link in my sig!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Mods are chosen by a complex maths algorithm that has evolved thru the ages and tweaked to the admins needs; if one of you mere users were to even try to comprehend the complexity of the variables involved...it would be bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,465 ✭✭✭✭cson

kaimera wrote: »
    Mods are chosen by a complex maths algorithm that has evolved thru the ages and tweaked to the admins needs; if one of you mere users were to even try to comprehend the complexity of the variables involved...it would be bad.

Or in English; you have to do Comp Sys in UL :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

well, ever since i was made a mod, i have to type these bloody numbers into the pc every 108 mins because Vex said if I dont then boards.ie would end.

do the other mods have to do this too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

For about the fourth time this week its all about the coke and hookers!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Amp Test

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

You're all wrong. It's like the Crips and the Bloods.

To become a Mod you have to kill 3 or more Rockers:

beachfight1.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

or three emos!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

watna wrote: »
    or three emos!

The memories of the Mods v Rockers fights of the 60's should not be sullied by comparison with the current batch of Emos/Emocores/Goths/Softpunks/Emogoths that pass for subcultures now! Besides there's no challenge in killing an emo, they're so lazy and apathetic. Now an Emu, there's a challenge! ;)

............This thread is veering dangerously towards cultural 'cleansing' and/or animal cruelty so I'm bowing out now :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Kharn wrote: »
    Amp Test

Hard to believe it took 40 posts for the truth to come out.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

cson wrote: »

Yay for Comp sys!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

5starpool wrote: »
    Yay for Comp sys!!!!

Did someone mention comp sys?

/adopts foetal position and reaches for blanky

Serious answer: OP, mods usually get chosen on the basis that they have been around, have a good knowledge of the subject matter at hand, are consistently helpful and don't take the piss too much.

People rarely get to be mods if they ask to be a mod. Although sometimes the person who requests a new forum will be asked to mod it, if they meet the above criteria.

The whole thing happens at the discretion of the admins, who will usually be advised by existing mods.

But trust me, you really don't wanna become a mod if you are doing your Leaving Cert anytime soon... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Quadrophenia.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

:rolleyes:

Bring in the cats

lolcat-funny-picture-moderator1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 83,210 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

cson wrote: »

Meh. UL was my second choice ;)

lolcats-funny-pictures-submissions.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

well, ever since i was made a mod, i have to type these bloody numbers into the pc every 108 mins because Vex said if I dont then boards.ie would end.

do the other mods have to do this too?
    It's just you.
    Someone will be along to replace you shortly.

Advertisement